Google question.

Started by Techno, 07 December 2019, 08:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cook

Quote from: Techno on 08 December 2019, 10:50:08 AM
Hmmmm...Sometimes I wonder whether the collie, that we lost recently, is still around.

Sounds of her coming down the stairs into the 'study'.....and scratching at the back door, when the four 'labs' are all inside.
She was the only one that ever scratched at the door.....Two of the labs simply reach up to the handle, and either pull or push the door open.....Missy couldn't reach the handle....She was too small !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Definitely still around.  We still hear our Boxer dogs and the last one died six years ago.  The only thing we don't have anymore is the smell of warm dog when we come home.

Ithoriel

Quote from: sunjester on 08 December 2019, 09:48:06 AM
We didn't get one of those (the actual words the plumber used) but a more traditional system.

Living on my own I find my "combi bollocks" a godsend as I only heat a minimal amount of hot water more than I actually use.

Have discussed eventual replacement of the current gas one with an all-electric combi. His verdict was that it was far easier and cheaper to fit, a little more expensive to run (at "current" prices - har-har) but with fewer bits that can go wrong ... "after all it's basically a souped-up kettle!"
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data