The Relief of Seville

Started by FierceKitty, 06 December 2019, 12:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

The Umayyad Caliphate (who had no legitimate claim to either title) are attempting to relieve Isbilya from the Norsemen. Watch this space....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

FierceKitty

The Ummayad-ish one. Partly as a result of a watery field, which hindered her cavalry advantage, she had to pay the Norsemen off with a whopping great Danegeld (doubled since she killed King Viljar Vandrikkar).

Pix tomorrow, if the dentist doesn't kill me first.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

07 December 2019, 06:34:08 AM #4 Last Edit: 07 December 2019, 06:39:09 AM by FierceKitty
Opening stages. The smaller wedges are Huscarls, elite and armoured. They took quite a hammering despite this. Without the muddy field we'd have been in trouble. Holding the BUA wasted the shooting (can't call it firepower any more) of my archers, but saved our morale in the later game (bonus for occupying BUA).

FierceKitty

The Moors had some Frankish mercenary knights. This picture shows the aftermath of their decision to take the money and run.  ;D

FierceKitty

A major headache for my barbarians was their refusal to attack cavalry. The big swynfylking of Bondi here was surrounded and destroyed by Berber lights (normally Numidians - the Moors are a heavily morphed army).

FierceKitty

07 December 2019, 06:47:00 AM #7 Last Edit: 07 December 2019, 06:53:06 AM by FierceKitty
The Berserkir were more than willing to attack horsemen, and died to the last man (and woman - the shieldmaidens are with them) doing so. They held them up for three rounds in the process, however.

Note the presence of enormous Pendraken fantasy figures among the fanatics. I think I've got away with it visually. The Bondi also contain numerous Picts, who convert very well for all sorts of dark ages forces.

FierceKitty

Ying Tong Iddle i Po.

Steve J

FierceKitty

Techno

Quote from: Steve J on 07 December 2019, 07:20:51 AM
Lovely looking game 8).

Certainly is !  :)

(Has the Roman victory chant been exported ?)

Cheers - Phil.

FierceKitty

Looted on our last visit to L'aeterna.