Buildings for Italian Wars ?

Started by Glorfindel, 01 December 2019, 10:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glorfindel

After reading a couple of recent articles in Wargames Illustrated, I've been bitten by the Italian Wars
bug.   The first step has been looking at suitable Pendraken proxy figures...

An important part of the project, however, will be terrain and buildings.   There are clearly many
offerings in 28mm but I can't find much in smaller scales (ideally, 6mm, which works well with 10mm
figures).

Do you guys know of any suitable buildings in 6mm or 10mm ?

Many thanks,

Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Ditto to above; Leven's got some good stuff; some useable in Battlescale; there are others.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Shedman

Glorfindel

Thanks chaps - some great ideas.   I also found some really useful examples from Total Battle Miniatures.

One quick question.   Timecast offer both Italian and Spanish style buildings.   To a relative novice, they
look fairly similar (small windows, low pitch roof).   Can I 'safely' use both to represent Italian villages /
farms ?

I'm not going to worry too much as our gaming group are (a) unlikely to know the difference if any and
(b) won't particularly give a stuff !

Phil

Shedman

Quote from: Glorfindel on 01 December 2019, 06:17:57 PM
Can I 'safely' use both to represent Italian villages / farms ?

Yes - see my blog on Magenta 1859 which uses 6mm Timecast and other buildings with 10mm figures

https://twomarshals.blogspot.com/2017/01/magenta-1859-using-bloody-big-battles.html

Glorfindel

Thanks Shedman.   Good to see the BBB game of Magenta again - I'm sure the same game was put on at a recent WMMS.

I'll take your advice on the Italian / Spanish buildings.

Thank you !

Phil   

FierceKitty

I'm a fanatic about Italy, and I find their Spanish range contains some quite acceptable buildings.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

Quote from: Glorfindel on 01 December 2019, 08:38:27 PM
Thanks Shedman.   Good to see the BBB game of Magenta again - I'm sure the same game was put on at a recent WMMS.

I'll take your advice on the Italian / Spanish buildings.

Thank you !

Phil   

That would have been Alan/Shedman earlier this year? Or was that last year and this year you brought the rather swanky French Colonial North Africa/Algeria game? Either way they're both very nice looking, and being BBB play crackingly too :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting