how wargaming can get you into trouble!!

Started by petercooman, 27 November 2019, 09:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

sunjester

Sadly, working in schools I can believe it. Some teachers are frighteningly ignorant, even in subjects they are supposedly teaching!

Leon

I saw that when it happened and couldn't believe how it had got that far.  There seemed to be a lot of knee-jerk reaction from some of the teaching staff, who brought the police in without talking to the son or parents properly first.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

i'm just waiting for the day they want to ban all geman models  =) =) =) =)

FierceKitty

Another argument for playing safely remote history! Phew....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Glorfindel

Hard to believe that it reached such extremes without taking some time to listen.

It does, however, feel that this is part of a wider issue we have about shutting
down opposing views, maintaining fixed opinions that have no interest in even
hearing an alternative idea.

Really sad.

Phil

Techno

Phil, (Glorfindel)....

I totally agree..... :-bd

"If you don't fully agree with MY point of view, I'm going to have a complete hissy fit....or worse."

The more I think about this, the more I despair....Truly. =) =) =) =)

I genuinely hope that whoever 'outed' these two completely innocent folk, gets prosecuted for wasting police time.

Cheers - Phil (The Techno one. ;))

Norm

28 November 2019, 03:23:58 PM #9 Last Edit: 28 November 2019, 03:27:42 PM by Norm
There are likely elements to this we don't know or don't appreciate. It may well be the case that all parties acted within parameters that felt right and justifiable at the time.

Techno

d_Guy

I want to be perfectly clear...I love Big Brother and on this special day give thanks that the chocolate ration has been raised from 25g to 20g.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Glorfindel

That pic reminds me of the classic card game 'Illuminati' (Boy Sprouts,
Gnomes of Zurich etc etc).