Peninsula armies

Started by Dragoon, 04 February 2021, 02:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The 1809 French have the same uniforms as the peninsula war French  but to fight the Peninsula war I really need a British army.

British Infantry
1 (33.3%)
British cavalry
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: 06 March 2021, 02:51:16 AM

Dragoon

Is there any hope of a British Peninsula War Army with aides, general Officers. Infantry officers with Bicornes from the Ensign to a mounted Colonel
The Portuguese and SpanishAmies were presen later on but this has been broached from time to time in the last 5 years but as you have the basic figures it only takes a change of millinery to create new masters.
A light dragoon officer with a telescope and the same for one of the generals

Bearing in mind that I'm now 77 I realistically don't have a lot of time left to postpone a decision on the figure scale I'm going to use so if you could give me an answer as to if you are going to produce the Brits and when it would be much appreciated.
Regards

Mike L

fsn

In the 1812-15 Hanoverian range there's an officer in a bicorne. 

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

I think you might have missed our Peninsular Not-Kickstarter from last year?  We've got full ranges of Brits, Portuguese, Spanish and more coming very soon: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,19688.0.html 

The plan was to have them released at the end of last year but Covid and other stuff got in the way.  The sculptor is working on the Brits at the moment so those should be with me by the end of the month and then the Portuguese and Brunswickers will follow on quickly.  The Spanish are a larger batch of sculpts but again shouldn't be too far away.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dragoon

The Scottish General
Looks very much like a British General.
What is the difference as you don't list a Brit general in the 1815 range
Did you se my other post about Rifles and command?
And Fusiliers from Light Infantry?
I'm trying to write rules for 10mm specifically to fit the army pack and for Solo gaming as well as competition games, that is where points are needed to set a size of game.
Just to cover everything needed to play Napoleonic games from scratch but won't be laughed at by the old hand.
Not easy but the hard bit is not cutting corners.
Regards

Mike L

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: Dragoon on 04 February 2021, 10:17:40 PM
Looks very much like a British General.
What is the difference as you don't list a Brit general in the 1815 range

Not much I don't think, he's in bicorne and coat so should be fine as a general General.

Quote from: Dragoon on 04 February 2021, 10:17:40 PM
Did you se my other post about Rifles and command?
And Fusiliers from Light Infantry?

I did yes but I don't think we'd be looking to change the pack structures at the moment I'm afraid.  Shifting the lights to 30-man packs would be a lot of moulds to be remade and I'm not sure it would generate extra sales.  If folks want more of them they can order multiple 16-man packs, and if you need extra command figures we can supply those individually, so you can get exactly what you need.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!