Unread posts not working ?

Started by Techno, 20 November 2019, 07:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Anyone else finding the same problem ?

Not showing anything in/on the "unread posts since last visit" screen, for me.....(and there were some.)

Though the opening page is 'highlighting' 'fings wot I ain't read', yet......and the 'view the most recent posts' is OK, too.

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Working for me :-\

You could also try the All unread link
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I took that at first sight as "Undead posts not working"; I was wondering if the vampires had found a way of surviving the standard stake through the heart.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

It happens to me sometimes. For example after my last AAR post, replies didn't always show up when I used the 'show unread posts since last visit'.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

The only time I lose 'unread posts' is if I log out without checking them all.  When I log back in later, they've gone and I only see the ones since I logged out.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 20 November 2019, 12:34:12 PM
The only time I lose 'unread posts' is if I log out without checking them all. 

Same here, Leon...but that only tends to happen if we have a 'mains flick', while I'm logged onto the forum, and the PC 'switches itself off, and back on again'.

But when that happens, I'll lose all the 'highlighted' threads on the left hand side of the main page, as well.

It's working fine, for me, now. Strange.

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

Seems to be working fine BUT I occasionally commit an unforced error. I aim to push "List all unread topics", miss, and hit the "mark as read button" just below. I've missed many interesting posts that way.  :o
Sleep with clean hands ...

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 20 November 2019, 12:34:12 PM
The only time I lose 'unread posts' is if I log out without checking them all.  When I log back in later, they've gone and I only see the ones since I logged out.

Isn't that how it is meant to work :-/

Isn't it new posts since I was last logged in

If you want to see all unread you use the "All unread" link

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 20 November 2019, 06:33:40 PM
Isn't that how it is meant to work :-/

Yeah it is...!   :-[

I'd forgotten that it says 'Unread posts since last visit' up there!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr