Slimbridge March 2020 - Sat 28th & Sunday 29th Big Game Announced

Started by Big Insect, 19 November 2019, 03:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

Hold the date folks as we have another weekend of Cold War Commander gaming taking place over the weekend of Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th March, at the Tudor Arms, Slimbridge, Gloucestershire, UK.

I have reserved the skittle alley for the weekend and once we have agreed the sector of front we are fighting on I will announce the forces.
This will be a 6mm ColdWarCommanders multi-player game. One of the ongoing series of games playing through a Warsaw Pact assault on NATO in 1985.

The Tudor Arms has great accommodation, great food and (apparently) great beer and cider.

All welcome to join us - the more the merrier.
Any questions please just ask me.
Cheers

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

But I don't Ian ... as I don't drink  ;D - so all beer is rubbish to me.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Big Insect on 20 November 2019, 01:54:14 PM
But I don't Ian ... as I don't drink  ;D - so all beer is rubbish to me.

There's a reply to pour oil on troubled flames.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

Apologies folks - but I am cancelling this event or looking to postpone it until later in the year when we know more about what is going on with the Corona-virus situation.

I've not taken this decision lightly but I've had a couple of emails from potential attendees stating concerns (& one confirmed drop-out) plus (as some of you may know) I personally have a compromised immune system that makes me particularly susceptible to cold and flue virus (we are also caring for my elderly and vulnerable mother-in-law who has dementia and is also very vulnerable).

It is my intention to try and hold the event later in the Summer, when hopefully there is a clearer view on the spread of the virus and measures to be taken.
I'll still work with Richard Phillips on getting out the scenario to you all, so you have more time to prepare your forces.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you intended to come to the event and had booked accommodation at the Tudor Arms, I will be contacting them later today to let them know we have cancelled.

Apologies again but I'd rather be safe than sorry

Mark

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!