Battleground, Stockton-on-Tees - Sat 30th Nov

Started by Leon, 14 November 2019, 10:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Our last show of the year is our very own Battleground show, taking place in the Queens Campus sports hall in Stockton-on-Tees.  We'll need your pre-orders sending through by midnight on Friday 22nd and you can place them through either of our websites, using the 'Collect at Show' postal option.

More info on the show, including the 32 other traders, 20+ games, living history groups and Battlefield Trust talks can be found here: https://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

Last show of the year, hope I can make it.

My car, Audi A3, has almost been written off thanks to a taxi driver waving through an oncoming car into my good lady's path. I hope it is repaired in time as I don't fancy the journey in a typical 1.2 courtesy car.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Leon

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 14 November 2019, 11:42:54 PM
My car, Audi A3, has almost been written off thanks to a taxi driver waving through an oncoming car into my good lady's path. I hope it is repaired in time as I don't fancy the journey in a typical 1.2 courtesy car.

That's no good Jim, I hope they get it fixed in time for the show.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

I hope your good lady is uninjured and has recovered from the shock >:<
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

I'll echo Paul's concern for your other half and Leon's hopes of suitable transport being available.

I hope to see you there, I'm staying with my sister for a couple of days and popping across to Stockton from Durham, on the day.

If the Palatinate hasn't drowned in the mean time! It does look, from the news, as though a boat would be more useful than a car.

I hope all forumites are safe and dry!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: Ithoriel on 15 November 2019, 01:34:21 AM
I'll echo Paul's concern for your other half and Leon's hopes of suitable transport being available.

Same here, Jim !! (And the bit about everybody being safe and dry !!!!!)

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

I echo the others thoughts and hope SWMBO is OK.

Westmarcher

Quote from: Ithoriel on 15 November 2019, 01:34:21 AM

If the Palatinate hasn't drowned in the mean time! It does look, from the news, as though a boat would be more useful than a car.

Moi aussi. Bon voyage!   ;)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

jimduncanuk

The car is now scheduled for repair the week before Battleground. It'll need the chassis straightened, a new front panel and other bits in that area, some repainting and finishing.

My good lady is fine, the impact was light enough not to deploy the airbags but the other car has been written off. Obviously Audi are better built than Ford. I would worry for the other driver as she is a young woman and this is not her first serious accident.

Leon

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 15 November 2019, 11:54:16 AM
It'll need the chassis straightened...

That must have been quite a ding then, and good to hear that they've not written yours off, which they tend to do as soon as a chassis gets knocked out of shape.  Glad everyone's OK and we'll see you in a couple of weeks.

jimduncanuk

I'd like to get a hold of the taxi driver who caused the accident and then scarpered.