It is all Last Hussars Fault!

Started by sunjester, 11 November 2019, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Back in October LH and I had a day out in the Big City and went to Tabletop Gaming Live at the Alexandra Palace.

TT Combat had a massive stall there, with a lot of their fantastic mdf sets at a bargain price if ordered at the show. LH ordered a secret lair for his Evil Genius (don't ask!) and I got tempted into buying the Venetian Quarter set. I must admit I'd been tempted by thie Streets of Venice sets for the past couple of years, drooling over them every time I browsed the TT Combat website, but had always managed to talk myself out of it. The set was normally £150 (individually it's about £220 worth of kits), but the show special was just £100, post free!

Recently it turned up and I have had the frustration/satisfaction of sticking together a pile of mdf boxes.
I've had a go a starting to paint some of the basic bit. I just drybrushed the mdf, as I don't want to lose all the etched-in details.

Just a few street bases to paint now!

Then I can get started on the buildings. I'm going to go for a variety of faded pastel colours for these, looking at some pictures of the old buildings in Venice that seems to fit.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

No, not tempted, not been looking at these for ages...  :^o

Fancy a game?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Quote from: mad lemmey on 11 November 2019, 05:48:05 PM
No, not tempted, not been looking at these for ages...  :^o

Fancy a game?

As soon as I get them built I'll give you a shout, Will!

Techno

Those look rather splendid.  :)

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Experience with the club ones indicates that they are a bit fragile, particularly the large ones. They do look good though.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sunjester

Thanks chaps.

I know what you mean Ian, some of the club terrain at Tring gets a bit battered. People do not always take the care they should when it's not their own stuff.  I shall be very careful about packing and storing this stuff.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sunjester

My third building is now finished and I've decided to stuck this project on the blog (more pictures of wip) https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2019/12/streets-of-venice-so-many-uses.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Two more bridges and you can do Königsberg ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Very nice indeed, Graham.  8)

Cheers - Phil

Last Hussar

How have not seen this thread before?

Its not my fault.
1) SJ effectively forced me to buy the industrial set.
2) he phoned Mrs SJ who told him to buy it.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

sunjester

Quote from: Last Hussar on 08 December 2019, 10:28:14 AM
How have not seen this thread before?

Its not my fault.
1) SJ effectively forced me to buy the industrial set.
2) he phoned Mrs SJ who told him to buy it.

Pointing at the layout on the table and saying "Look at that, would that fit for your....." is not "effectively forcing".