Two Dioramas Started

Started by Terry37, 05 November 2019, 04:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Wot they sed !! :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)

Noktu

This looks like a super fun build Terry. Cant wait to see it finished!

Terry37

Some more work done and I am actually nearing the end. I am starting to run all the piping that seems a requirement on a naval ship. There are more besides he ones I am showing, but they still need painting. I have to say that the one showing the lab coat hanging on the rack shows terrible brush marks, etc.  It doesn't look like that to the naked eye, but the picture is a very close-up picture as the coat is only about 5/8th of an inch in size. That was a fun challenge, and I made it fomr a single ply of a Kleenex.

More to follow, stay well everyone!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Quote from: Terry37 on 25 October 2021, 10:21:43 PM
...I have to say that the one showing the lab coat hanging on the rack shows terrible brush marks, etc.  It doesn't look like that to the naked eye, but the picture is a very close-up picture as the coat is only about 5/8th of an inch in size. That was a fun challenge, and I made it fomr a single ply of a Kleenex...

Impressive work on the lab coat :-bd

When you consider how many hundreds of disgruntled sailors got to repaint that wall over the years I don't think the brush work turned out too bad ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Great stuff, Terry !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mmcv

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Yep, I'm still kicking, just seem to have more needs and less time to do everything in...and I thought I was busy before I retired!!! Anyway, this 2nd project is about to near the end. Here's a picture of the details in the surgical room and the figures are now glued in place, and since I took the picture, the inner office walls are also glued in place. Lucy will be toward the very last on he surgical table.

More to follow and the end is coming soon!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

Re the brush marks, Yes, I am afraid that with white that is very hard for me to avoid. But they don't really show to the naked eye. Also he lab coat is only 1/2 inch tall, if that so that picture is highly magnified.  I would have gone with another color for the walls, but the model being so small I felt white was the better choice.

Terry

fred.

Great work Terry. I thought it was a real picture when I saw the thumbnail version. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

mmcv

QuoteGreat work Terry. I thought it was a real picture when I saw the thumbnail version.
I had the same reaction on first glance.

Superb work Terry!

Techno II

Super work, Terry !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.