Two Dioramas Started

Started by Terry37, 05 November 2019, 04:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Finally had a chance to take a picture of some of the little bits I'm working on. To give you an idea of size, the PC screen is only about 3-4 MM big. They look a little crude, but hopefully when it's all put together they look OK. The large white thing is the light that goes over the autopsy table (which is on the left). The PC CPU is not slanted, it's just sitting on some old dried glue as I reuse my painting sticks.

More as it's possible,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Well worth the wait and they'll look great in situ :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

More treats from Terry !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil :)

mmcv

Well done on these, very fiddly!

Jonny

Quote from: Terry37 on 15 January 2021, 08:49:48 PM
Finally had a chance to take a picture of some of the little bits I'm working on. To give you an idea of size, the PC screen is only about 3-4 MM big. They look a little crude, but hopefully when it's all put together they look OK. The large white thing is the light that goes over the autopsy table (which is on the left). The PC CPU is not slanted, it's just sitting on some old dried glue as I reuse my painting sticks.

More as it's possible,

Terry

Wow that's some intricate work! It's all looking great, look forward to seeing it put together with the building :-bd

Terry37

30 January 2021, 03:53:39 AM #156 Last Edit: 30 January 2021, 03:55:26 AM by Terry37
I continue to work on the project, but this one is going to require a lot of itty-bitty bits, and not being a post apocalyptic scene I can't hide goofs with destruction!!!l Anyway, got to a point where I could pose Nathan being dissolved by the variant's acid and with this done I can now paint him. I also have to change Ronnie's suit from green to the blue as I found reading several further chapters ahead they all wore blue (I actually read the full series a couple of years ago, but keep reading for the umpteenth time the specific sections that deal with this scene..  However, I may put Nathan in white???? It's hard to see in these pictures, but there are cabinets under he counter top in the operating theater. The counter top is just a paper cut-out for now, but will be a little thicker and about that size. Lucy's right arm (she's the adolescent variant) has been moved so it connects to Nathans hand. I really like accuracy, but I can tell you that I have had to make some literary changes to make hte model work better - just in case any of you read the books and say "Hey, wait a minute", trust me, I already know.

More as things progress,

Terry

PS, the eraser is not part of the model!!! It's just there to hold the two walls up!!!
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Great to see this progressing :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Coming along nicely, Terry !

Cheers - Phil  :)

mmcv

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Nice to see an update on this project :) :).

Terry37

He's alive! Yes, I am, and also know I've been very quiet of late. Just been busy and not having as much hobby time as I'd like. I have done more work on the second dio, and will try for some new pictures soon. But, Nick has asked me to do one for him, so I have had to start it to as I can't let him know about this one, so working on both. I'll share pictures of it too, but it's one form his 4th book titled "Hell Divers Wolves". This short clip will give you and idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAz1N8YmHa0

Lot's of new challenges - a high-tech catamaran, a big sea monster and a stormy sea!!!! That should all be easy enough.

I'm not happy with the creature figure as it hard rubber and the tentacles bend. I'm afraid the paint won't adhere well or will flake off. Think of the old Airfix figures.

Pray everyone is avoiding he virus, getting the vaccine shots and doing well,

Terry

PS - We also adopted a third bunny that was about to be dumped out. She's a real sweet baby and is the youngest we've ever had, so she doesn't mind being held. We're praying she doesn't outgrow it. Her name is Gracie and she's an American Blue breed. Now to bond all three!!!

FierceKitty

I try my best not to think of old Airfix figures.

Love the bunny.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.