Two Dioramas Started

Started by Terry37, 05 November 2019, 04:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Excellent, Terry. The animation is nothing short of spectacular.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Terry37

Know it's been awhile since I last posted about this project, but have been slowly working on it.  Finally got the awning on and that was a challenge for sure. But I'm pleased with it. In these photos it only has the base coat, which in person shows as a very different shade of green from the wood on the building. I will e weathering it and making a tear of two in it and then do the final assembly and add the final grunge and trash

More soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

mmcv

Superb, really coming together nicely

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

The first diorama is officially done, and I will be mailing to him shortly. here are some pictrues.

Thanks for looking and for your support as this progressed!

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

That is absolutely fantastic. I love the weathering effects throughout and the dynamics of the scene.

Well done Terry!  =D> =D> =D>

Steve J

Techno

Brilliant, Terry !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

fred.

Wow Terry!! That is awesome.

The attention to detail you have and the work done to execute that is most impressive - and this is on top of the creative thoughts to conceive the  diorama. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Terry37

Thank you all for the kind comments. It was a fun model to do. The inspiration came from Nick's books/story, and the challenge of creating variants crashing through the store front window was too appealing.

Now it's on to complete the second one. The main walls are all cut, and the window created, but it's got challenges of it's own - mainly creating an autopsy lab on board a US naval ship. So no aging or trashing on this one, but Nathan, close friend of Nick will be adding sound and lights - a klaxon and a flashing red light. This too will be taken from one of the Extinction Cycle books - the scene where Nick kills off Nathan as a character in the story.

More soon,

Terry

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

28 October 2020, 03:39:10 AM #134 Last Edit: 28 October 2020, 03:48:26 AM by Terry37
I know I've been more than quiet for awhile, but that has been due to a serious medical situation for my wife. For now all seems well and she is recovering nicely, but is not there yet. In any event, it sort of took away my desire to do any modeling, and I am just now getting back into it - but slowly.

First off, while going through the above mentioned trial, I did a serious rethink of the second dio and have done a major rewrite of the plan. I never was happy with the long, large window so have done away with that, and turns out that was a good thing.  In re-reading the chapters on the source for the dio I had missed a few important aspects, and am now including them. One being an office are just outside the operating room. Here's a picture of the new layout and you can see the lockers that will be installed in the little office area outside the operating room. In the corner will be a built in desk (standard being built in for most offices on a ship) which will have a PC some books, stacks of papers, etc. on it. I've also figured out how to run the wire for the light to blink and started that assembly today. I also figured and created the way to fasten everything to the electronics base.

In addition, after Nick received the last one, Maria's Kitchen, he has asked me if I'd make him another one. Of course I'm happy to do so and we settled upon one based on the opening chapters in his "Hell Divers Book IV Wolves". X and Mags are aboard a civilian, yet militarized, catamaran in a storm tossed sea of the post apocalyptic Earth. This is really going to be fun with all sorts of new challenges. I've found a larger case so I can make more to the boat, and am now trying to find what I need to make a true sea creature based on the description in the book - but think giant octopus and the Disney movie "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea",  This will also be a 15 MM dio. These may give you some ideas of what I am pursuing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAz1N8YmHa0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUgDYxZHGz0

More to follow, stay well everyone!

Terry