Two Dioramas Started

Started by Terry37, 05 November 2019, 04:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Looking great Terry!

Really great idea to have the glass shattering and very well executed too!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Terry37

Thank you gentlemen. There are still some glass shards to be added but they will come in later when I can add the sidewalk part of the base and the street. Need to figure the placement of the remaining variants and drill holes for their wire pegs to fit through and then can attach the bases.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

The shattered glass gives a real sense of motion :-bd
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

That really is the bees knees, Terry !

Cracking work ! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Noktu

Terry37

I was able to get a couple of pictures, so here's where it stands for now.

The final assembly will be a bit of a challenge due to needing to have pins sticking through the base to hold the Marine figures. I have glued the variants with extra amounts of super glue so hope they hold in transit. They would be the most difficult to replace. If the Marines come loose, they would be less of a problem. I may try to put some padding around them that will have to be carefully removed.

The three marks you see in the sidewalk are for adding some additional glass shards, plus there will be lots of small piece of glass laying around too. I also plan to add some kind of little street sign to the far right. The once everything is glued into place I'll add some trash and dirt and grim since the city has been abandoned for so long. That's why Maria's is so grungy looking.

More to come,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Techno

Brilliant !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Really coming together!

Terry37

I know I am quite for spells at a time, but the first dio has gotten to a point where I am doing the final details and assembly so it's not much to see. Once I get most of it assembled I'll share some updated pics. One thing I am going to do tomorrow is replace the original pins I put in for the Marines in the street. There is juts not enough to clue them too and have hem survive the trip. So, I am going to add longer pins, flatten hem and drill all the way up through the foot and bend it over and try to hide it with thick paint.  Hopefully that will keep them from breaking loose in transit. Having to do a little backpedaling for this.

More soon,

Terry

paulr

Take your time Terry, does us good to wait ;)

Terry37

It's coming toward the end!!! All the figures have been placed except for the Bone Collector and he goes in during the final assembly. Also the little street sign will too, as well as the additional pieces of flying glass. and the door. But you can start to see what it's going to look like.

More soon,

Terry

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data