Two Dioramas Started

Started by Terry37, 05 November 2019, 04:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Finally resolved my issue with photobucket so am able to post some pictures of the finished figures for these two dioramas. I'm starting the building parts now and will post pictures soon when there is enough to share.

The Variants

Reed and Horn

The scientists and a Variant juvenile.

Don't look like much but will when they are placed in the diorama.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Looking forward to seeing further progress :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Terry37

OK, starting to get back in the hobby mood, and am now working on these two dioramas again. I have cut the templates for both, but am not pleased with the autopsy ones, so am going to redo them before I cut the wood for real. I make he templates out of cardboard, which allows me to see how it might look - very helpful, worth the time for sure and saves on real material costs. I'll try for some pictures tomorrow or the next day to share.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Here are a few pictures of the early stages of these projects. The walls are all just the cardboard templates but since i took here I have cut the actual wood pieces and will start assembling the actual walls and share updated pictures shortly.

The ship board autopsy. The figure is just to give an idea of scale . I think the windows are too big, so am going to make them lower in height.

The Store Front.

More to follow,

Terry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Glad you are back at it, Terry. Appreciate your comment about getting back into hobby mood. I've spent the last several weeks reading one space opera after another and working on almost nothing.  Incidentally, as I refuse to disable my ad-blocker I am required to view your photos through the photobucket watermark. Still, I can certainly see enough to follow your work.  :) :-bd
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Terry37

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind words all. The watermark on my photos was a Photobucket problem. After I saw that I contacted them and it is fixed now so you should be able to see the pictures clearly now.

Bill - space operas huh!!!! Need to get you back into HOTT, great rules for space games. I have several armies for that genre. A British one for War of fe Worlds, an alien one based on Hollywood movies, and a Green Man army form John Carter. The GBnUIT theme was alien invasions a couple of years back. here's my British Defense Force to combat the martians.

Terry

Techno

Coo !

Those look rather splendid, Terry.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

paulr

Terry37

Progress is slow, as there are no instructions with a project like this - it's all in my head....and that is a dangerous thing because it can get lost in all that empty space! I have been working a little each days so here's some new pics. I've done more since as I took these before I started working today. The smaller one is further along as the larger one is more involved since it is going to have working lights and sound.

More to follow

Terry