Two Dioramas Started

Started by Terry37, 05 November 2019, 04:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Great to hear from you Terry and good to know Nick likes your dioramas enough to ask for one :) :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

That's a very cute 'bun'.  :)

Good to hear from you again, Terry. :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)

mmcv

Good to see you again Terry, very cute bunny  :)

John Cook

Bunnies taste fantastic  ;D

FierceKitty

Quote from: John Cook on 16 May 2021, 01:42:30 PM
Bunnies taste fantastic  ;D

As a horrified Thai student once said in my class, on hearing that farangs ate them, "I cry I eat labbit."
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Terry37

Know exactly what you mean about the old Airfix, but fought many a battle with them.

And also agree about the bunny!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

04 August 2021, 10:09:44 PM #171 Last Edit: 04 August 2021, 10:17:50 PM by Terry37
Yep, still kicking. Have had eye/vision problems so anything involving detail was pretty much on hold. Had a laser surgery and things are improving. Trust me old age is not free - it's earned!!!

I have made some progress on both projects. First the secret dio has had some painting done and i am laying the floor in and will start adding the furniture, etc.

I tried taking this with all the walls in place, but they kept falling over.  Once the floor is in I'll start furnishing the office, and do the operating theater last.

And here's an update on the Hell Divers book 4 Sea Wolf dio.

This is the basic color scheme and finally covers all the patches and pieces. There will be a sliding hatch in the closed position over he opening in the upper cabin. The main deck still needs the decking stained, so you can not really see the decking planks very well. The decking is so thin I have to figure a way to keep it form warping when I stain it. Maybe stain it and cover with a wax paper with a weight on top. The hole and notch you see are for the radome and a short bowsprit.

I also started he sea monster, and he is going to add some color to a very bleak view with his orange upper body.

Most of the finished little bits and people are done and just need to be installed. Once I see how much room is left in the secret project I'll add additional little details. I also need to convert a puppy figure to look like a husky, who will be looking out from the upper cabin hatch (the sliding top hatch will be closed, but the vertical doors will be open.. This is not as told in the story, but Nick wanted him in the dio. As a sailor of days past, this has been a very challenging project in trying to make a true working boat and meeting the description in he book. I finally gave up and am going with a true working boat, but in the vain of the book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAz1N8YmHa0

More to follow

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno II

Good stuff, Terry !  :-bd

Great to see you back...and very pleased to hear things are improving after the laser surgery !

All the best - Phil. :)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fred.

Hi Terry

Great to see you back - and good to hear that your surgery has been successful

Really liking the look of the boat and the sea monster - looks very promising!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

Great to hear from you again Terry and nice work as always 8).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

I'm shooting blo*dy things that go 'Coo', Will.....So don't come anywhere near here. :P

Cheers - Phil :D

mmcv

Looking good, that sea monster is going to look pretty epic when it's all put together!