Two Dioramas Started

Started by Terry37, 05 November 2019, 04:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Great to hear your wife is recovering nicely :) :-bd

And good to see you getting back to the dioramas, also great that Nick enjoyed the last one so much that he asked for another :-bd :-bd
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

mmcv

Looking forward to seeing this progress and glad to hear your wife is on the mend

Techno II

Definitely 'fourthed'.

Stay well, yourself, Terry !

All the best - Phil  :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Impressive Terry.
Hope Mrs T is okay.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

30 November 2020, 09:25:18 PM #140 Last Edit: 30 November 2020, 09:27:03 PM by Terry37
I know the progress seems slow....and it is. But, please consider just about each piece is hand made, and it takes time. Plus I have to figure out the sequence and engineering at times. But these pictures will give a little better idea of how the office area is going to look. I still need to add the wall lamp fixture, but that won't go in until the walls are painted. I also plan to have a framed painting of a hospital ship hanging above the desk. There are also quite a few pieces that I've made that are not pictured, such as doors and items ot go on the desk. I did turn the four legged chair into a swivel chair and add some padding that I think it would have. This will let you see how I have run the wiring for the alarm light. The strip of balsa along the back wall in the operating theater is just to give and idea of the work area and cabinets that will go back there.

I am planning on the walls to be a cream-white color and the doors to be a soft green color. The floor will be a teal color. These are based on pictures of actual ship board operating room photos I've been studying.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

mmcv

Coming along well, lots of fiddly details on this one but going to look great with it all comes together

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Techno II

And thirded !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

d_Guy

Pleased to see your update Terry, enjoy watching you work.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Terry37

I have been working on this, but it's all in little bits to go inside, chairs, cabinets, doors, operating light, etc., so nothing to really photograph, but I'll see if I can do some kind of picture. Oh, and after seeing where hte desk is  I have decided to reverse the second door into the operating theater - so it will now be up by the door facing the front, and the observation window will be at hte back across from the desk. Other wise the doors into the operating theater wouldn't have ahd room to open properly, since I was  not able to fit a sliding door in.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Pictures soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Good to hear progress continues :)

Merry Christmas to you Terry <:-P

Duke Speedy of Leighton