Senior Soviet Officer

Started by Sunray, 23 May 2022, 03:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

QuoteMany thanks Gwydion.

Methinks we could do a mix and whilst retaining 1980s field uniform simply add the big Soviet SD style cap with exaggerated brim?
No AK74, but Sam Brown/holster and a pair of bins around his neck. Hands behind back as we did in KBR40 pose = very useful senior officer.

Now that would paint up well!
Sounds good - I think it is the big cap that really marks out the Soviet officer of the era. This would be a nicely generic figure. 

Could even be used for the Naval officer in his fetching baby yellow uniform on the far left of the first photo!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno 3

QuoteStitched the odd finger back on though  :d  :d

Nah !.....I use Zap superthin glue...works a treat. :P
I'll do this later

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Right Phil, I think we have sorted the dress code and pose

1. Soviet style big SD cap
2. Field dress as per the image I sent
3. Sam Brown and pistol holster
4. Bins around neck
5. pose - observing from afar - hands behind back? I will leave that to you

And thanks to forum for comments and images. This will be the best 1980s Soviet range in 10mm.
James

Techno 3

Thanks, James and the gang :)

I'll do this later

Sunray

toxicpixie

Quote from: fred. on 25 May 2022, 12:31:31 PMCould even be used for the Naval officer in his fetching baby yellow uniform on the far left of the first photo!

He's quite the snappy dresser, those shoes and the rakish cap as well!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Sunray

I have requested a snappy UAZ-469 as his set of wheels.

The new Pendraken 3D vehicles are really neat.

toxicpixie

Quote from: Sunray on 29 May 2022, 01:23:23 PMI have requested a snappy UAZ-469 as his set of wheels.

The new Pendraken 3D vehicles are really neat.

Also in canary yellow with a horse logo and gull wing doors? And made in Italy ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno 3

Can I just check one thing re this chap ?

Does he still need the 'jackboot' type 'footwear'...or would he have worn ankle length boots/shoes.
I'm guessing the longer boots ?

Cheers - Phil.
I'll do this later

Gwydion

Yes, field uniform - high calf length boots.

Any deviation may be construed as individualism Comrade, and a deviation from the path of Marxism-Leninism undermining the dialectic of the Party. And we wouldn't want that would we?

Quote from: Gwydion on 30 May 2022, 01:53:17 PMAny deviation may be construed as individualism Comrade, and a deviation from the path of Marxism-Leninism undermining the dialectic of the Party.

But that went away with Gorbachov - today we have Putin's cult of presonality (his)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno 3

I'll do this later

Sunray

Phil- the trousers of senior officers widened above the knee in the style of riding breeches- unlike the conventional trousers of rank& file in the 1980s