Wargames illustrated awards 2019.

Started by petercooman, 29 October 2019, 07:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking gun

I voted according to my conscience.

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

steve_holmes_11

Your most important vote of 2019 - don't miss out.

Norm

The deed is done!

Thanks Leon / Dave and team.

petercooman

So warlord games put an announcement on their facebook that they won best costumer service, best range and best new rules. Did anyone see the results somewhere?

Must have missed it   :-\

petercooman

Just read that frostgrave won best rules, but that a complete list is not yet published. Strange that they don't release it all at once!

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 06 December 2019, 08:43:31 PM
So warlord games put an announcement on their facebook that they won best costumer service, best range and best new rules. Did anyone see the results somewhere?

I've not seen anything, they must announce it in Nottingham first... :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

John Cook

Last time I bought a copy of Wargames Illustrated, admittedly a couple of years ago, it seemed, to me, to be no more than a vehicle for pushing Warlord Games products.  My perception was that the two seemed to be joined at the hip, so people buying the former are likely to be customers of the latter, are they not?   

fsn

Yup. That's why I stopped reading it.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But you still look at the pictures Nobby
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

The 'full announcement' is on their Facebook page. Unsurprisingly dominated by 28mm.

John Cook

Wargames Illustrated is dominated by 28mm because it is a vehicle for Warlord Games.  Most of its readers are Warlord Games customers so any awards they give out are bound to be slanted by a flawed poll. 

FierceKitty

...which suggests an obvious course of action for Pendraken, what?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

petercooman

Quote from: John Cook on 08 December 2019, 11:12:30 AM
Wargames Illustrated is dominated by 28mm because it is a vehicle for Warlord Games.  Most of its readers are Warlord Games customers so any awards they give out are bound to be slanted by a flawed poll. 

While that might be so, last year did see Leon en co in second place for customer service.

Now i wonder if that had anything to do with the announcement of replacing of the bkcIII books. Maybe folks saw that as a reason to vote for a customer service award?

Dr Dave

I voted, but now I've changed my mind. Can we start all over again?

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: petercooman on 08 December 2019, 05:37:30 PM
While that might be so, last year did see Leon en co in second place for customer service.

Now i wonder if that had anything to do with the announcement of replacing of the bkcIII books. Maybe folks saw that as a reason to vote for a customer service award?

It feels a little bit like White Dwarf polling for "Favourite fantasy system", "Favourite 40th millenium ststem" and "Favourite fantasy races sports simulation".

Shouldn't really grumble, it's a sign of the diversity of the hobby; or perhaps Balkanisation.