The King is dead! Long live the King!

Started by Kiwidave, 26 October 2019, 03:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwidave

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/526869

Flags at half-mast, muffle the drums and black armbands all-round...

England thoroughly deserved the win; ABs didn't seem to have a game plan.

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Kiwidave

Dunno - tomorrow's game could go either way, but I'd lean towards SA going through

Techno

AAAARGH !   X_X X_X

What happened ?

Expletives deleted.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

England deserved winners, as they completely outplayed the All Blacks. I hope Wales win tomorrow, but I've got a nasty feeling that the South African pack will be too strong...

Raider4

Quote from: Steve J on 26 October 2019, 06:07:22 PM
I hope Wales win tomorrow, but . . .

Ahhhhhhh, close but no cigar!

Now Wales & AB have to play the most un-wanted, un-needed game ever.

Kiwidave

Techno

No, Dave.....Totally pointless.  ;)

I can't imagine any team wanting to play for third place.

Down to TV wanting their pound of flesh, I suppose ;D ;D ;D

I guess England will be the favourites.....But.....The 'Boks have the ability to cause an upset.

We'll see.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Not the best game to watch; in fact I ended up gardening half way through the first half, due to all the kicking. From what I saw, SA the better team though. Might watch the thrid place play off, but pointless as others have said. I fancy England in the final, which will be very tractical I fear, unless they can get a good lead on the Boks, causing them to attack more.

Westmarcher

Wow! Not one, but both wheels fell off that chariot today. Quite comprehensive in the end. Glad somebody scored some tries. Well done, Springboks!  =D>
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Steve J

Springboks completely controlled the game and deserved winners. England never in the game. The New Zealand vs Wales third place match was a better game to watch to be honest.

FierceKitty

Drat. I was hoping we'd lose to a rank outsider.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Kiwidave

Quote from: Steve J on 02 November 2019, 12:08:41 PM
Springboks completely controlled the game and deserved winners. England never in the game. The New Zealand vs Wales third place match was a better game to watch to be honest.

I concur.

Techno

So do I !

England almost looked puzzled, at times......and were never 'firing on all six'.

The better team won.

Cheers - Phil