Work Experience in Chemical Engineering?

Started by Big Insect, 25 October 2019, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

I just thought I'd ask this forum, as you are all such a nice, helpful, friendly, knowledgeable bunch?

I have an 18 year old nephew who is in his 1st year studying chemical engineering at Bath University (in the UK) who is looking for an opportunity to do some work experience in a chemical engineering related industry. I've no idea for how long - but if you'd like more details I can get the details.

Would anybody be able to help or know somebody who might be able to provide a work placement?

Many thank - in anticipation

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Techno

Sorry, Mark.

Can't help.....But congrats on your 500th post and promotion !!  :)
Drinks in the Officers' Mess ?

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dr Dave

How long a placement are they seeking and is there a particular area they are interested in? We have a "chemistry" dept but is a very niche area and at the applied end rather than theoretical.

flamingpig0

https://www.ratemyplacement.co.uk/science-and-research

He could try talking to the  University Career Department  but they tend not to be very helpful
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Big Insect

Quote from: Dr Dave on 26 October 2019, 11:36:23 AM
How long a placement are they seeking and is there a particular area they are interested in? We have a "chemistry" dept but is a very niche area and at the applied end rather than theoretical.

I'll find out Dr D and get back to you ASAP - many thanks
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.