Yahoo! Groups are being shuttered

Started by Raider4, 18 October 2019, 11:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider4

Link. Sad, but not surprising.

I'm a member of a few groups, but use of all of them has declined drastically over the last five years or so.

So grab any files/photos/anything else you want from the groups you're a member of before Dec 14th.

FierceKitty

Is that the standard term? I'm not familiar with these netty labels.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

petercooman

Same here, member of the "song of blades" and the neil thomas rules groups.

Will have a browse later on and grab all i want.

Dave Fielder

I think the Bloody Big Battles, run by Chris Pringle, will move to something else. Lots of excellent items in there at the moment: https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/conversations/messages
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Dave Fielder

Yahoo Groups seemed to have disappeared completely now so all the good stuff that Chris Pringle had in his group is no longer available!  :(

Chris Pringle

Dave Fielder

Raider4

And the sad remnant of the these Groups are being finally shut down - Link.

DaveH

Not surprising as I don't see how they would be making any revenue from them and the use must have completely died off once the files, etc were removed.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: DaveH on 13 October 2020, 02:33:33 PM
Not surprising as I don't see how they would be making any revenue from them and the use must have completely died off once the files, etc were removed.

Still it hasn't stopped miniaturewargaming.com resurrecting old posts that point to Yahoo group files ....grrrrrr. Have stopped going there since it just seems to be about click bait now. Might start having a look at the free wargame wiki and weed out entries that point to Yahoo groups.