Sharp practice in 10mm

Started by petercooman, 14 October 2019, 12:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

14 October 2019, 12:02:25 PM Last Edit: 14 October 2019, 12:15:53 PM by petercooman
Hey gents,

Tried out sharp practice yesterday with my 10 mm ACW models. Was a bit clunky with 8 models per base, but it worked out great! Superb game! (black cubes are men killed, green cubes are 'schock' cubes)

Union forces enter the field on the road, skirmishers covering the flank

after drawing out some infantry to oppose the troops on the road, the main union infantry unit pop out from the woods to surprise them (confederate skirmishers got their leader shot down on the first volley, they were on the road to form a skirmish screen for the yet to arrive confederate infantry)

With all units on the board, the main confederate infantry is getting fired at from all sides, their skirmisher screen now hiding behind them, still leaderless

The union skirmishers on the right flank are wiped out, but the union zouaves are ready for an accurate  volley of fire (the purple bead shows they have presented, allowing more accurate firing)

This breaks the main body of confederate infantry , but the return fire from the confederate zouaves is nothing less effective (the bunch of cubes in front of the houses are from a retreating infantry stand, i forgot to move them with the base)

The main union infantry troop gets ready to fire across the road to the remaining rebels, just before their morale breaks and the army leaves the field (the union skirmishers caused the infantry stand in the buildings to break, and the confederates had to test for a leader routing from the table, bringing their morale value to -1)

petercooman

Should have mentioned that i used the measurements from the book in cm instead of inches. They say to use a 70 x 50 table when doing that, and it worked great!