Sve5 landing craft assault

Started by petercooman, 06 October 2019, 05:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

06 October 2019, 05:00:43 PM Last Edit: 06 October 2019, 05:03:24 PM by petercooman
Hi gents,

Anybody have these and can tell me what type it is? Higgins or thornycroft?

And can you put unbased models in it? Say a pack of 10 riflemen?

Thanks in advance!

Ps: i have single based models on 1 and 2eurocent pieces. Would they fit?

petercooman

So, no one?

About to order all LCM's instaed!

Leon

I was sure I had a pic of one of these on a Carlos Briz diorama but I can't seem to find it now!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

This one, Leon?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Quote from: Ithoriel on 10 October 2019, 12:53:52 AM
This one, Leon?

That's our LCM model, so not the one we're looking for unfortunately (but good find!)  Our LCA is less angular and has two circular MG stations (?) behind the main compartment.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

No worries, ordered the LCM's instead.

petercooman

Quote from: Leon on 10 October 2019, 04:15:40 AM
That's our LCM model, so not the one we're looking for unfortunately (but good find!)  Our LCA is less angular and has two circular MG stations (?) behind the main compartment.

So it's a higgins then? Does it have a "gate" before the ramp?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The one with a gate is the LCA, the LCVP (Higgins) doesn't have a gate.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

petercooman

Quote from: ianrs54 on 10 October 2019, 09:17:36 AM
The one with a gate is the LCA, the LCVP (Higgins) doesn't have a gate.

Yeah i know. But did the LCA have mg stations as well? I thought that was only on the higgins/ LCVP?

That's why i'm asking, as the model is sold as an LCA but sounds more like an LCVP by description.

petercooman

10 October 2019, 02:54:18 PM #9 Last Edit: 10 October 2019, 03:00:04 PM by petercooman

After much digging, is this sve5?

If so, that's no LCA

The cabs forad on the LVA are helm and Lewis gun mount, both I think lightly armoured.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

My mistake, the MG stations are rectangular and not circular...  :-[

Ithoriel

As Ian says, an LCA has square armoured housings forward, either side of the armoured doors leading to the front ramp.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

petercooman

Thanks Leon and chaps, good to have this cleared up!