Saladin and Saracen released!

Started by Leon, 01 November 2019, 10:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

I think the point that officers could and did carry what Ben calls the Small Metal Gun is well made.  I accept Ian's qualifications, indeed Op Banner taught my generation to "blend".

However, for the likes of Techno (Phil), the challenge is to make officer figures a sniper's delight - ie distinctive in 10mm scale.

For that reason, the SMG, pistol in holster (still carried by officers in the early 1970s), map cases and binoculars is a legitimate and essential part of the sculpt.

The specific figure in question is KBR14.  He is carrying a No4  at High Port. It is a pose that would work better (in my opinion) with an SMG - in this case a late mark of Sten.   Did the  Stirling also make it to Korea in 1953?   I know the Patchett was in action in late WW2.

mart678

Glad you like them
As for the others on list
I aim to do all the visible variants for Chieftain,Leopard1 as some mk's only have internal upgrades and not visible external ones the plans are scaled the trucks are under way Tanks to follow !,,

Sunray

Quote from: mart678 on 11 November 2019, 01:23:28 PM
Glad you like them
As for the others on list
I aim to do all the visible variants for Chieftain,Leopard1 as some mk's only have internal upgrades and not visible external ones the plans are scaled the trucks are under way Tanks to follow !,,

Thanks Mart - love your work!

mart678

Techno

Who's Sunday ? ;)

(Predictive text strikes again.)

Cheers - Phil  :)

Matt J

Quick question for Mart/Leon.

Is the Saladin in same scale as the current M113 ie will the turret go on the M113 and not look out of place? My Vietnam Aussies need more fire power (as if Cents weren't enough  :D)

Cheers

Matt
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Leon

Quote from: Matt J on 11 November 2019, 04:24:12 PM
Quick question for Mart/Leon.

Is the Saladin in same scale as the current M113 ie will the turret go on the M113 and not look out of place? My Vietnam Aussies need more fire power (as if Cents weren't enough  :D)

I'd need to double check the real-life dimensions but I think our M113 is probably a bit smaller than 1:150th?  When we got the M59 and M75 done more recently, they were noticeably bigger than the M113's (more than they should be!)  Mart's always spot on with his scales so there's a chance that the old designer was working to 1:160th instead.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mart678

Cheers Phil or Phillis lol ;D I meant Sunray  :D

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 11 November 2019, 04:49:18 PM
I'd need to double check the real-life dimensions but I think our M113 is probably a bit smaller than 1:150th?  When we got the M59 and M75 done more recently, they were noticeably bigger than the M113's (more than they should be!)  Mart's always spot on with his scales so there's a chance that the old designer was working to 1:160th instead.

That's interesting.  The Pendraken M113 is a perfect fit with the Minifigs model.  Indeed I deploy at least one MAV102 (open ramp door and top hatch) with the Pendraken troop.  Then other Minifig models are smaller than Timecast and Pendraken, which suggests that despite the 10/12mm claim, they are closer to 1/160. (N Gauge).  The turret on the Scorpion is a good example.

Barrie (Timecast) told me their new range was spot on 1/150.  How does the Timecast M113 look alongside Pendraken?

This is where you really appreciate the research done by the Headless Horseman!  :)

Techno

Heedless Horseman

Quote from: Sunray on 11 November 2019, 10:11:43 PM
This is where you really appreciate the research done by the Headless Horseman!  :)

;D ;D ;D

Eh??? Wozn't me! I woz at the pictures!!!    :o ;)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

FierceKitty

Quote from: Techno on 11 November 2019, 03:48:34 PM
Who's Sunday ? ;)

(Predictive text strikes again.)

Cheers - Phil  :)

Robinson Crusoe has been expanding his domestic staff.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno