Where in the world ...

Started by Ithoriel, 03 October 2019, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Setting up for a game later with my older son.

It will see Ninja All Stars chibi ninja duke it out, using onepagerules Warstuff one page rules.

The field of battle ...

Tree bases need the grass toned down a bit yet.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Na - North Russia, you can tell by all the snow !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Terry37

Sure looks good to me!!! I especially like the cherry trees in blossom!!! Hope you'll share some pictures of the game!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

d_Guy

I like it!
I'll guess Munchkinland before the central government instituted its public works program.
Sleep with clean hands ...

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

Westmarcher

Quote from: Terry37 on 03 October 2019, 02:17:01 PM
Sure looks good to me!!! I especially like the cherry trees in blossom!!! Hope you'll share some pictures of the game!

Terry

Aaaah ...... Terry San!  And here's me thinking it was candy floss. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

d_Guy

He means cotton candy, Terry.  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

steve_holmes_11

Shouldn't there be massive rugby players roaming about in packs and clearing out the all you can eat buffets?

Ithoriel

Well life, as it has a habit of doing, got in the way of both the planned game and painting.

However, a new game with figures only undercoated took place this evening.

A tussle between a handful of "Ninja All Star" chibi ninja from the Fire and Water shrines, using onepagerules Warstuff 2.1.0 rules on a roughly 3' x 3' playing area.

The new battlefield

One of the two army lists

The opposing forces - I'm sure you can work out which is which :)

Turn 1 saw some manouevering and an ineffective exchange of fire.

Turn Two - and first blood. A Water Shrine Yajiri kills a Fire Shrine kaiken

.... and is promptly cut down by the Fire Shrine madoushi!

Archers trade shots to no effect and the Fire Shrine chunin heads to the bridge intent on closing with the enemy

Turn 3 - The Fire Shrine chunin charges a Water Shrine kaiken with no damage taken on either side. The other Water Shrine kaiken rushes to the aid of the first and is cut down by the chunin's riposte.

The Water Shrine chunin charges into the melee but his blade is turned by his opponent's armour; the Fire Shrine chunin's riposte is a "deadly blow" so no armour save is possible. A 1 would have driven the Water Shrine leader back 1", a 2 or 3 and he would have been stunned but a 4 was enough to kill him.

Turn 4 - The Water Shrine pass their rout test. In the melee blow and counter blow fail to land, but the Fire Shrine madoushi claims another victim.

Game End - games only last 4 turns so the Water Shrine kaiken lives to take the sorry tale back to the shrine ... and, yup, I was the Water Shrine .... doh!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

lowlylowlycook

petercooman