2019 Good, Bad and Ugly International Tournament Schedule

Started by Terry37, 21 August 2019, 09:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Summer is drawing toward its end, schools are starting their new school year, and fall will be here soon. And with fall comes the much anticipated and glorious 2019 Good, Bad and Ugly International HOTT Tournament. Therefore, it is time to let everyone know whose hosting what and when. To date I have the following Legs scheduled.

Coventry, hosted by Pete Duckworth – September/29
North Yorkshire, hosted by Bob carter – October/20
Nashville, hosted by Terry Webb – October/26
Glasgow, hosted by Euan Caldwell – November/5 and November/12 (a two-day event)
Sheffield, hosted by Simon Wilson – November/16 or November/23 (waiting on final confirmation)
Paris – hosted by Claude Chenuil – November/23
The Shetlands, hosted by Mike McEwan - TBA
Atlanta, hosted by Tom Thomas – TBA
Midwest (Michigan area), hosted by Bob Beattie - TBA
Tornado Alley (Dallas, Texas area), hosted by  John Hovey – TBA
Republic of Texas (San Antonio, Texas , hosted by Blake Radetzky– TBA

At this time, I do not think Australia or Staines will be taking part this year.

The basic standing theme is to have fun and share a common event with others around the world. This year's tournament theme is:

Old School
A chance to build an army with the figures you loved as a teenager!
Dig out and dust of those long forgotten Minifigs painted Gloss!
Give 20mm plastics some love!
Or build an army from your favourite teenage Scifi or fantasy series!
Or even just build an army from the original rules!

Or,  players should feel free to interpret "Old School" however they choose.

Theme armies are not required to join in, only to vie for the annual Barker Award which is given for the best theme army from all Legs as voted on by the public on multiple forums. Loaner armies will be available if you don't have one.

In addition to the Barker Award, we will have the Stronghold Award again, donated by Bob Beattie. This is awarded for the best Stronghold from all of the Legs and also voted on by the public on multiple forums.

I am very pleased to announce a new Award, donated by Gavin at Alternate Armies. This Award, "The Alternate Armies Leg Coordinator Award", will be awarded to the Leg Coordinators, who accumulate points based on defined criteria, and then with a draw from the hat (literally a hat – a cowboy hat at that). I am truly excited about this due to the kindness of Alternate Armies and because the Leg Coordinators are very deserving because of hard work and personal expense they put in to making this the successful event it is.

There is a rumor of a give-away again this year as well, but one never knows when it comes to rumors! However, if it's true it is very nice and made specifically for the GBnUIT Tournament!

If you have any questions, or want to participate in one of the Legs, please contact me and I'll get you in touch with that Leg Coordinator. And, if you're interested in running a Leg, I am happy to assist you with that as well. drover@698@gmail.com

Hope to see you there!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Dave Fielder

That is a very widely spread schedule. If a Rock band was to do that tour they'd not survive the sea leg to the Shetlands ;-)
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Terry37

The time is nigh for the kick-off of the 2019 Good, Bad and Ugly International HOTT Tournament with Pete Duckworth's Coventry Leg on Sunday, September 29th.

The full schedule as of now is:

Coventry, hosted by Pete Duckworth – September 29th
North Yorkshire, hosted by Bob carter – October 20th
Nashville, hosted by Terry Webb – October 26th
Glasgow, hosted by Euan Caldwell – November 5th and November  12th  (a two-day event)
Sheffield, hosted by Simon Wilson – November 16th
Paris – hosted by Claude Chenuil – November 23rd
The Shetlands, hosted by Mike McEwan - TBA
Atlanta, hosted by Tom Thomas – TBA
Midwest (Michigan area), hosted by Bob Beattie – November 9th
Tornado Alley (Dallas, Texas area), hosted by John Hovey – TBA
Republic of Texas (San Antonio, Texas, hosted by Blake Radetzky– TBA
If you are interested, let me know and I will get you in touch with the Coordinator for the Leg you are interested in. This is going to be another very exciting tournament year, and I can't wait to read the reports and see the photos.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

That is an impressive list of events you've managed to pull together Terry  =D> =D> =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Thanks Paul. I think this is like the 15th or 16th year that we've run it, and the 7th for it being international.

Terry

Big Insect

Seriously contemplating attending 29th Sept in Coventry (UK).

It has been a while since I dug out my HoTT armies.

Is there a website with details?

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Terry37

Mark, My good friend Pete Duckworth runs that Leg, and is a great fellow if you don't already know him. I'll send him a note and see about getting you two hooked up as I am sure you'd be most welcome. And just FYI, the primary and sole purpose of this tournament is TO HAVE FUN!  Back to you shortly,

Terry

Big Insect

With HoTT 'fun' is in the DNA of the rules.

It's been a while since I played ... are there any errata or house rules being played?

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Terry37

Hi Mark, I see that Pete has gotten in touch with you, and you are all set to join in on the Coventry Leg - GREAT!!!!! Each Leg runs their own version of HOTT, with some having rule modifications and some not, so Pete ill be the one to answer your questions there. I am not aware of any errata sheets, but it is pretty much accepted and also part of HOTT 3.0 that Warband move 3 instead of 2 and Shooters move 2 instead of 3.

Have fun and let us know what you think afterwards.

Terry

Big Insect

Thanks Terry
I now have the PDF for the event and myself and Steve Price will be attending.
I must remember the WB move 3 and Shooters move 2 bit - likewise there are some Sneaker variations - but ones we play anyway - so all well and good.

See you on Sunday in Coventry
Mark

Terry37