The Koevering Raid - Operation Market-Garden

Started by Steve J, 26 September 2019, 06:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

An AAR of a game we played last night, on the 75th anniversary of the Koevering raid during Operation Market-Garden:

https://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-koevering-raid-operation-market.html

Dave Fielder

"Good Beans Wellington" ... oops wrong battle!
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Norm

Nice game Steve and agree on the dose of common sense to keep things moving, we tend to game that way.

There was a tipping point in the game where Allied gun tubes, artillery and air support ensured the 'win', but I like that the German force can claim their win by causing successful delay.

Must get BKC IV back to the table.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

QuoteThere was a tipping point in the game where Allied gun tubes, artillery and air support ensured the 'win', but I like that the German force can claim their win by causing successful delay.

The Germans can't win, short of a miracle, in the traditional sense, but keeping the road closed past Turn 4 ensured that they had done their job. Always nice to have unusual 'victory conditions'.

Dave Fielder

Everyone is a winner ... until USAF CAS comes in  :o

bigjackmac

Great stuff, Steve, thanks for posting!  A very nice looking game, a fun read, and inspirational/motivational now that I'm finally getting back into BKC. 

I was very impressed with the Desert Rats, coming up on the flank against the two Stugs and the Tiger, they didn't even slow down! ;)

V/R,
Jack

Techno

sunjester

Dave Fielder

The Shermans thought is was Wacky Races, Stugs and Tiger being mere speedbumps. #FURY

petercooman