Triples ICW

Started by agtfos, 28 December 2010, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agtfos

agtfos

Scratchbuilt (using Metcalfe card) Coast Guard Station. This will be at the back of the table but will also be the highest point. there are no photos available of the actual station at Fenit, but a map plan shows a typical layout of houses with an enclosed yard. A lot of the photos that are available show three storey watchtowers, so i have included one. then there are 4 2up/2down houses and a crew room/workshop at the far end, where the road runs in.

In the actual landings, there was little resistance, as the Freestate caught the republicans by surprise, however, with places like this to serve as a stronghold, the republican garrison has the potential to make a fight of it and to hold until relieved by flying column, by road or rail, from down the coast. One senior Freestate was certainly justified in his fear that the amphibious landings would result in forces being cut off.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

That's a great looking model!

Now, how do I convert it to resin....  :-\ :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

agtfos

The railway yard and cutting.

There are two ways into Fenit, road and rail. The Freestate must control these to have secured the landing and to win the game. The Republicans were adept at blowing bridges and launching ambushes. Though the bridge shown here is not essential to the advance to Tralee, blowing it would prevent a swift rail advance, but this would be the last act of a Rupublican defender, as it would equally stop reinforcements arriving too.