Cheap 10mm terrain...

Started by Last Hussar, 23 September 2019, 10:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

.... As long as you are happy with winter middle Europe.

Hobby craft are carrying the craft stuff for Christmas decorations (I give them a pass on this, as its for creating stuff so you need more time).  They have pine trees with a dusting of snow (only light, but definitely not August) 4cm high, 12 for £2, and a church and a hut for £1.50 each, about the same height, may well fit Pendraken.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Norm

24 September 2019, 05:50:25 AM #1 Last Edit: 24 September 2019, 05:52:37 AM by Norm
Thanks, I sometimes wonder whether retail management look at the higher spike in sales of some specific lines and come to conclusion A, when really it is all about B, which is a hoard of wargamers descending on said stores :-)

2 - 3 metre buys of Teddy Bear fur come to mind.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Last Hussar on 23 September 2019, 10:44:52 PM
.... As long as you are happy with winter middle Europe.

Hobby craft are carrying the craft stuff for Christmas decorations (I give them a pass on this, as its for creating stuff so you need more time).  They have pine trees with a dusting of snow (only light, but definitely not August) 4cm high, 12 for £2, and a church and a hut for £1.50 each, about the same height, may well fit Pendraken.

Could those conifers be painted back to a snowless colour?

Ithoriel

I'd think a quick skoosh of green spray paint would "summerify" them. I'm tempted but the clunky wooden bases might be hard to remove.

They look like this

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

You'd want to tone down the bright green anyway. Coniferous, not deciduous.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Last Hussar

I assume you can just clip the stands off
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry