First outing with For King and Parliament

Started by mmcv, 22 September 2019, 09:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

Had a good test game of FK&P this morning, you can read all about it here:

http://mmcvhistory.home.blog/2019/09/22/for-king-and-parliament-first-outing/

All in all a good game and a lot of fun. Was good to get the miniatures in the table for the first time.

mollinary

Phew, glad you enjoyed it!  If you have any questions, i am happy to answer them on here, or you can join the TtS Forum on Tapatalk which has threads for FK&P on it. Figures look great, by the way!

Andrew
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

mmcv

Hi Andrew, thanks for your comments. The rules were good, a lot clearer and easier to find what I needed quickly than I found with TtS! so I can see a lot of the errata and clarifications from the early edition of that coming into this. I'm aiming to give the rules another read through in the next day or two and see what jumps out at me so will see if there's any questions from that. Hopefully I'll get another game soon, but hard to find the time required for setup, play and teardown again. Oh for a permanent gaming space...

Have been meaning to checkout the TtS! forum, must get on it.

mollinary

Actually Matthew, many  of the clarifications, modifications etc to TtS over the last three years have come from our work on FK&P, , but who's counting?!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

mmcv

Haha, yes I can see how that could be. For instance, I remember when I first played a game of TtS! I couldn't make sense if the rally activation, but on reading it in FK&P it made much more sense.

Looking forward to what you do with expanding the rules out to the broader period in future, lots of potential fun to be had there.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Good to see you had a good game, you certainly used an interesting mix of troops :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno