Brexite Campaign - Race to the Rhein.

Started by Steve J, 22 September 2019, 03:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Duke Speedy of Leighton

What a fab report, thnk you.
Definitely feels more of a campaign game rather than a 'what the hell, throw them in' game!  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Thanks Will :). You do have to think about preserving your troops for the next battle etc. If my Taunton Garrison had fought to the death, there would have been nothing to stop the French from marching on Bristol, more or less unapposed.

Norm

It took a while for the French forces to galvanise (which probably was the instigator of the longer game).

I was surprised when you gave the table size, there was so much going on there.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

An interesting AAR, campaigns definitely change the way games are played  :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

22 September 2019, 09:29:12 PM #5 Last Edit: 22 September 2019, 09:31:35 PM by Steve J
The beauty of 10mm games is that you can play a 'large' battle in a small space, so perfect for 'coffee table' gaming. In fact this would have fitted comfortably on our dining table, but didn't figure this out until the whole table was set up :-[.

It did take a while for the French to get going, largely due to Dave rolling ones early on, which meant he couldn't move closer to the enemy. He made up for it later by rolling loads of sixes, which gave him double moves.

Campaigns are the way to go, if you have the time etc. The beauty of narrative campaigns is there is minimal record keeping :).

Westmarcher

Quote from: Norm on 22 September 2019, 06:45:32 PM
I was surprised when you gave the table size, there was so much going on there.

Yes.  :-bd  Wargaming in 10mm is brilliant ... it's ..... Wargaming for the Common Man!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

FierceKitty

Don't things sell better if you suggest that they're noble and elite, a bit exclusive, etc? Except beer, perhaps.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno