Hello all just joined Arnhem

Started by MartinKnight1333, 16 September 2019, 01:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinKnight1333

We are campaigning Arnhem and may have scenarios that need playijng out ! if you want to game a scenario just ask.  ???

Martin  ;)

mmcv

fsn

What ho, Mr Knight.

Welcome to the forum.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Welcome on board Martin 8). What ruleset, if any, are you using for your Arnhem scenarios?

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

A very warm welcome, to the madhouse, Martin !!  :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Quote from: Steve J on 16 September 2019, 03:14:56 PM
Welcome on board Martin 8). What ruleset, if any, are you using for your Arnhem scenarios?

Wot he said :) :-h
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

Hello.tell more about Arnham. Captivated by it since I got the game for my brothers spectrum .
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Ithoriel

Quote from: Last Hussar on 17 September 2019, 12:42:53 AM
Hello.tell more about Arnham. Captivated by it since I got the game for my brothers spectrum .

I had that one. Did so well in one game it reported I had "rescued" over a billion paratroopers. I doubt a force that size needs rescued :-)

"To err is human, for a real f**k up you need a computer!"
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

lowlylowlycook

MartinKnight1333

The rules we are using are home made several clubs in the USA have tried them and liked them, may well publish them next year.

The campaign is being run by me and a friend, both ex military, we have applied to put on a demo participation game at the Airborne museum, that will be 20mm and 12mm.
We are not recreating the exact battle but have gone for alternate drop zones, overidden the American Airforce General and done two drops on the Sunday and a night resupply.

If you want to play a secnario for us let me know I will check the forum each day, we have two secnarios that heen playing, the rules you use do not matter it is only the result im after, my email for sharing more info is mkassessors@yahoo.co.uk.

We are playing the drive to EINDHOVEN today using the latest infor from the books by Christe Bergstrom plus many others, we are using the orgional XXX corps 1943 map and also the SPI board game map, as its very dam close to 1:100,000 anyway.

A scenario that does need playing is; the fight for BEST, the American 1/501st parachute battalion with 3 battery's 75mm howitzer support versus the 2/59 battlion with no artillery support who are attacking.

martin :)

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson