Honours of War, The Brexite Campaign 1744 - part 1

Started by Steve J, 13 September 2019, 06:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dave Fielder

The French have ascendency, Cidre Doux is looking most promising.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Really enjoyable report and of course love the time period! Glad you explained that was a "golden W", as I was thinking it was the site for a new McDonalds!!!! ;D

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Norm

Superb Steve, a lovely sized battle that shows the advantages of the scale nicely. I like a campaign element for ensuring that troops have to think about 'tomorrow' and he extra depth that that brings.

Steve J

Techno

I did too !

Quote from: Terry37 on 14 September 2019, 03:51:41 AM
Glad you explained that was a "golden W", as I was thinking it was the site for a new McDonalds!!!! ;D

A similar thought had crossed my mind.  ;D

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Any resemblance to the McDonald's 'M' is purely coincedental...

Dave Fielder

The 'W' represents the WcDonalds that are busy mustering 'oop Narth with a very young Bonnie Prince alongside the McKrankies of Krankieshire.

mmcv

Enjoyed the report and looking forwards to the campaign. Are you doing a map to show progress of the invasion or any sort of strategic maneuver level to setup battles?

Dave Fielder

No plans for any strategic maps, this is a narrative campaign with results of each game adding to the flavour of the next game.

d_Guy

Huge fan of narrative campaigns! Nicely done and look forward to more. Given the "W" (clever that), at first blush I thought the next hill had an "X" but turned out to be a windmill.
Sleep with clean hands ...