Gargoyles!

Started by Bren, 12 September 2019, 09:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bren

I've been searching in vain for figures to build a 10mm gargoyle (infantry) unit. The plan is to build a Vampire army relying less on an undead theme and more on gypsy and peasant troops; a few super-natural, rather than undead, units for more gothic horror flavour. TB line eastern European figures and Warband wolves are already on the painting table.

Back on topic ... Gargoyles!

fred.

Pendraken had a gargoyle, but I can't see it now. Styled in a crouched pose with folder wings, kind of like a a sculpture on a church.

Laran miniatures have some harpies that might work - these are very dynamic flying style figures.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

This is another one which we've got done but they got held up in the moulding queue!  I don't see them appearing in the near future, but they should be available early 2020.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

I can't even remember how many variants I made.  :o
(No surprise there, then. :D)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

OLd age and excess alkehol Phil !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Bren

Many thanks chaps. This is all good news; I shall wait patiently for their release.  :)

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 13 September 2019, 08:39:55 AM
OLd age and excess alkehol Phil !

Nah.....It's simply that I've made OODLES & OODLES of figures since those were done.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Dunnadd

Quote from: Leon on 13 September 2019, 12:43:09 AM
This is another one which we've got done but they got held up in the moulding queue!  I don't see them appearing in the near future, but they should be available early 2020.

Along with the fomorians?

Leon

Quote from: Dunnadd on 20 September 2019, 11:06:18 PM
Along with the fomorians?

I don't really know where we're going with those!  They're great little sculpts but there's not really enough to make a full Fantasy range, so we'd need to get more made and so some work to them.  I'll have a think and work something out.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 20 September 2019, 11:09:06 PM
I don't really know where we're going with those!  They're great little sculpts but there's not really enough to make a full Fantasy range, so we'd need to get more made and so some work to them.  I'll have a think and work something out.

Perhaps label this and things like them under Miscellaneous or "Odds and Ends", Then they can be sold and the urgency/cost  to complete an entire range can be reduced.Should you get enough done for a range then move them to their own section.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Quote from: Orcs on 21 September 2019, 10:54:13 AM
Perhaps label this and things like them under Miscellaneous or "Odds and Ends", Then they can be sold and the urgency/cost  to complete an entire range can be reduced.Should you get enough done for a range then move them to their own section.

Works for me. Lovely little sculpts and ideal to replace my home made Fimir for my Albion army.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Dunnadd

Quote from: Leon on 20 September 2019, 11:09:06 PM

Ok - some suggestions - an armoured hero with ornate helmet and breastplate and either a two handed weapon or else two 1-handed weapons. Some elites with chest armour- some with two handed weapons, some with two 1-handed weapons. Some shamanesses. Some smaller ( but still bigger than human sized) skirmishers with throwing spears or javelins.