Website Logo

Started by Leman, 12 September 2019, 10:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Quote from: mmcv on 12 September 2019, 10:03:08 PM
Ctrl+Shift+N will open incognito too. But all it does is prevent saving of cookies and history and the like once you close the window. Won't stop any nefarious spies from tracking everything you do. Cause the government needs to know every site that every person visits. It's a matter of national security...and the children, won't someone please think of the children!

Absolutely. But if all Phil is doing is manually clearing his cache and cookies, which is what it sounds like. Then using incognito / private browsing achieves the same.

I'm not sure there is much benefit to either.

I'd rather have sites I frequent remember me and bring up my details.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

mmcv

If you want to get really fancy you could set those bookmarks as your startup pages so every time you open your browser it'll auto open those pages in different tabs!

Techno

Nah.....

Don't worry....I'm perfectly happy 'doing things' the way I do.  :)

(Alright I DO, and did, understand the principles of bookmarks etc.  :D...I just can't be bothered....and as Von clears all her browsing after she's used the net herself...everything would get cleared for both of us.)

All I do is 'Google' the site I'm after, and click on that.....Only takes a few seconds more...and I really don't mind 'tryping' my password each time.

Cheers - Phil :)

mmcv

Madness, that would drive me up the walls. Having to put in passwords manually and Google things every time... Life is too short for all those wasted seconds!  :P

You can even set up different profiles on the browser so your stuff is kept separate from Vons.

What is it they say about old dogs...

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 13 September 2019, 07:46:34 AM
Nah.....

Don't worry....I'm perfectly happy 'doing things' the way I do.  :)

(Alright I DO, and did, understand the principles of bookmarks etc.  :D...I just can't be bothered....and as Von clears all her browsing after she's used the net herself...everything would get cleared for both of us.)

All I do is 'Google' the site I'm after, and click on that.....Only takes a few seconds more...and I really don't mind 'tryping' my password each time.

Cheers - Phil :)

I'll let someone more technically competent say if I'm talking out my posterior, but isn't the Google then click option far more risky than typing in the actual address because hackers can insert fake results?

Firefox has a nice interface/home page which remembers your most regular websites and displays them rather than having to bookmark anything these days.

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Raider4

Quote from: mmcv on 13 September 2019, 08:26:14 AM
Madness, that would drive me up the walls. Having to put in passwords manually and Google things every time... Life is too short for all those wasted seconds!  :P

Hmm, I never have any passwords saved within my browser. Different strokes and all that.

Techno

Quote from: mmcv on 13 September 2019, 08:26:14 AM
What is it they say about old dogs...

I've been learning 'new tricks' for the past couple of weeks, as well as making the wee men.  ;)

Leon and Will...and one other, know I've been honing completely different skills...and thoroughly enjoying it. :)

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 13 September 2019, 05:18:29 PM
I'll let someone more technically competent say if I'm talking out my posterior, but isn't the Google then click option far more risky than typing in the actual address because hackers can insert fake results?

Von's been getting what looks like a 'dodgy' Facebook page (on occasions).....and she types in the email addy, rather than my 'Google' method....So I don't think anything's 'bomb proof'.

Cheers - Phil

mmcv