Time for me to win one

Started by FierceKitty, 11 September 2019, 05:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

11 September 2019, 05:03:03 AM Last Edit: 11 September 2019, 05:07:30 AM by FierceKitty
Today I'm insisting on an 18th century scrap. Lee's getting a bit too sure of herself....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

'Bout time you won one !!  :)

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Here's an idea: have a go at an ACW battle and you go Lee.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Phew. Won, but I might as well have left my artillery in Berlin.

FierceKitty

11 September 2019, 10:44:36 AM #5 Last Edit: 11 September 2019, 11:34:44 AM by FierceKitty
The first shot of the battle drove my skirmishers out of a useful village by setting it on fire. Fortunately, my carefully reserved cuirassiers were to prove useful in the later battle (though not as useful as they would have been had the dice not rolled steadily against Prussia). It was amusing that I'd just assured Lee that cavalry were still dangerous even in a modern battle like this, "as I shall now show you." Following those rash words, I saw the Garde du Corps beaten off in melee by a line of Hungarian fusiliers.

FierceKitty

The scrap on the other side of the stream saw serious casualties on both sides. Commendations to the von Bayreuth dragoons, who lived up to their reputation.

FierceKitty

11 September 2019, 10:50:53 AM #7 Last Edit: 11 September 2019, 11:26:56 AM by FierceKitty
A well-timed charge by my hussars caught the Austrian artillery off guard, but was beaten off in melee. And this although Freddy had somehow got involved in the charge. Hiss growl spit.

FierceKitty

11 September 2019, 10:54:44 AM #8 Last Edit: 11 September 2019, 11:26:41 AM by FierceKitty
The Prussian infantry did what they're good at in the middle, though the Austrians put up a brave fight. Lee's getting good at concentrating her fire. Fortunately, she hasn't quite learned how to coordinate the three arms yet, and you don't start winning horse and musket battles until you've got that one right.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Having a go at Kolin next week. In many ways this is THE horse and musket period: there is a real balance between the three arms and cavalry are not pretty but useless. Good to see another SYW game here, particularly as the Pendraken range is such a good one.

FierceKitty

FierceKitty

Womble67

Good looking game about time you won one

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Quote from: FierceKitty on 12 September 2019, 02:15:41 AM
p.s. I've been to Kolin. :)
One day so must I. Czech Republic is a must for battlefields and pretty scenery.