Tank Commanders

Started by Heedless Horseman, 11 September 2019, 02:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heedless Horseman

Just a thought...though I think many might not approve...but...why not model turrets with a commander figure just popping his head out of open hatches? It would be SO much easier to decapitate and fill in the hatch instead of drilling, cutting down figure, adding hatch lids, etc. For Brit armour un-buttoned is almost essential...German, US...less so but useful. Really big hatches, such as on Crusaders, etc. would b difficult to cut back and fill in...BUT they were almost always open...and trying to replicate an open hatch on a Crusader II...  :'(
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Mako

I think that would be a nice option, as well as a standard hatch cover to replace the guy in it instead, if desired.

With a little ingenuity, and some very small magnets, you could swap them out, as needed/desired.

Leon

I think the logistics of altering and remoulding all of our tank turrets would make this one unviable I'm afraid!  We could probably do with some more tank commander torso options for the ranges, but I think that would be about the best we could do.  Maybe some turret hatches for folks to glue behind the torsos?  They'd be small and fiddly but it's doable.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Cast a commander in the turret ring. You file of the turret hatch and stick the new one on.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson