Help firing ?

Started by glenbrooks, 01 January 2020, 08:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenbrooks

Hi Lads , played my first small game today , one on firing , my PZ4s were in a fight with M4s, both of us in the open what would we need to hit? on page 38 example would say in the open 4.5.6 , however on the fast play sheet it has testing for casualties Full AFV 6, so do we need 6s or 4,5 or 6? .... also as a base is a platoon, would it mess up the game if I did house rule the platoon can fire small arms at say an enemy platoon ,but also fire  its PIAT at a tank?..i am ex infantry and 3 sections would fire ,and leave the AT lads to deal with the AFV? apart from that did seem a good game and flow well, thanks glen

paulr

As that was your first post, welcome Glen :-h

I'm not a BKC player but I'm sure one of the many on here will be along shortly to assist with your question
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hello and welcome sir,
Big Insect I'm sure will be along later to explain, been a bit quiet around here today, must be hangovers...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

4+ to hit in the open

I can't recall what the 6+ refers to, it may be artillery, or it may be small arms vs AFV

If you want the IATW to fire at different targets, it hardly sounds game breaking. Although it may raise similar requests for other units with different weapon types.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Prophaniti

AT firing against targets in the open is 4+ to hit.  i.e. M4 Shermans against PzIV's
I've had a quick look at the QRS and I'm confident that the 6+ vs full AFVs is for Off-table artillery and close air support attacks.  (as is the 5+ vs open-topped AFVs.)

glenbrooks

Thanks lads , cannot wait for the next game  glen

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The 6 is arty, infanty with no upgrades can only close assault AFV's.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

Hi there Glenbrooks

Yes, the QEF is currently under-update to accommodate initial errata and to add some clarifications.
+6 is for off-table artillery
It is 4+ (or a 4, 5 or 6) to hit in the Open.

Welcome aboard

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

glenbrooks

Hi Mark
thanks mate a new QPS sheet would be really helpful. thanks glen

Big Insect

It is in hand Glen - along with the Korean War supplement for BKCIV ... with a First Indo-China supplement to follow.

We are also working all hands to the pump on CWCII. A not insignificant task.

But the 2nd edition QRS is underway  :D

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.