Vallejo Flat Yellow

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 07 September 2019, 09:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Anyone else use Vallejo flat yellow? Sure mine smells of artificial bananas...  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Westmarcher

07 September 2019, 01:12:13 PM #2 Last Edit: 07 September 2019, 01:15:09 PM by Westmarcher
Quote from: mad lemmey on 07 September 2019, 09:59:44 AM
Anyone else use Vallejo flat yellow? Sure mine smells of artificial bananas...  :D

If you had said it smelled of bananas, I might have had a good idea but ..... artificial bananas? That could be anything. Although, from what you are saying, artificial bananas can't smell of anything - they smell like Vallejo Flat Yellow .... which I don't have .... nor do I have any artificial bananas ...... so I don't know .... now I'm really confused.     :-\

maybe it smells of Vallejo Yellow ochre .... I've got that ... don't know what that smells like ... yet .... maybe it smells of artificial cakes .... I fancy a cake .....
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

FierceKitty

Whose youth did not include nasty cheap candies with "fruit" flavours that never grew in an orchard?

Westmarcher

Quote from: FierceKitty on 07 September 2019, 01:34:14 PM
Whose youth did not include nasty cheap candies with "fruit" flavours that never grew in an orchard?

Ah! Two assumptions on your part, Kitty; the first is probably correct (knowing Lemmey's mind) and the other incorrect.  The term, "artificial bananas" could mean these plastic or porcelain ones they put in shop windows or fruit bowls for decoration ... mind you, I suppose the painted porcelain ones could be painted Vallejo Flat Yellow ... and so might smell like Vallejo Flat Yellow ...... but the smell of artificial banana flavouring, now that is something more specific .... at best, different ..... at worst, yeuch!.  :-&
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: FierceKitty on 07 September 2019, 01:34:14 PM

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the edible foam ones.
Yellow for bananas, or pink for shrimps.

Strangely moreish, but left you really thirsty.

mmcv

The "artificial banana" smell/flavour is apparently based on a now rarely seen version of banana known as a gros michel. It became susceptible to disease and replaced with the now more common cavendish variety, which had a more familiar subtle flavour.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I did mean the smell of artificial banana favouring, as used in various sweets and medicines in the 1970s... blurg 🤢
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

HAH !!!!

Will....You're FAR too young to have experienced the smells of some of the truly awful bottled 'medicines' from my childhood.

No wonder the old Doc's used to tell us to hold our noses. :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-&
YEEEEUK !!!

Thanks for bringing back those memories.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Wulf

Quote from: Techno on 07 September 2019, 04:53:14 PM
Will....You're FAR too young to have experienced the smells of some of the truly awful bottled 'medicines' from my childhood.
It can't be doing you any good unless it tastes foul.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

I thought it was always deliberately made to taste foul so that people - especially kids - would not want to take more of it than they were supposed to?

FierceKitty

I remember enjoying a sort of kaolin mixture with antibiotics in it (this was about '64), and drinking the whole bottle on the sly, much to my mother's alarm.

Techno

That was probably Kaolin & Morphine, back in those 'olden' days, Alexander......

No wonder you chugged the whole bottle.  ;)  ;D ;D ;D

There are two that I remember.....One of which is the one you have fond memories of.

The other was, I think, a remedy for bronchial ailments.
It was 'almost' black....and (now that I've been around horses for so long) smelled like matured horse widdle.
THAT was truly, frigging VILE.  :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-&

On medical subjects.....A couple of days ago I had to have my three monthly B12 jab.
The nurse that sticks the needle in my arm is an absolute poppet......Always says, "You might feel a little scratch"......(I never do).....But this time I asked if I was going to be rewarded with a sweet.

"Phil....we used to give sweets to the children...But we can't now, in case of some sort of allergic reaction."

Good grief....But I suppose they've got to be ultra careful !!

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Next time, ask for a sticker!  ;D