Fights from the Movie "Platoon"

Started by bigjackmac, 02 September 2019, 03:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Absolutely right, i made some paper landing craft from some junior general files, scaled to fit my bases.

Yes amtracs were my first thought, but i just always get stuck on the price for those thing (in 28 mm, my marines /japanese are warlord games models)

As we all know, the transport models aren't really necessary to play those games, but they just make it look so much better.

Really nice description of the situation, must be great to have seen that in person!

bigjackmac

Peter,

Paper models, eh?  Very clever, I didn't even realize!  And I couldn't imagine doing it in 28mm, so expensive, but I bet your troops look great!  And yes, not necessary, but really sets the game off, adds so  much to the visuals.

Iwo Jima is quite amazing, and what those boys did there even more so.  I'm sure I've brought it up here, but I'm a combat veteran, fought in several countries, including a month's worth of house to house fighting in Fallujah back in 2004.  Yet I still marvel at what those Marines did at Iwo Jima.

V/R,
Jack

petercooman

Yup paper:

actually, with the plastic warlord kits, 28mm is not 'that' expensive, really depends on far you want to go. Only thing that holds me back is the setup time.

kamikaze

fsn

Turn your head to the left and the landing craft look like happy robots.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

bigjackmac

Fantastic, Peter, those look great, and a nice, big jungle fight there, too!

V/R,
Jack