Danger signals in posts

Started by FierceKitty, 02 September 2019, 03:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

02 September 2019, 03:41:21 AM Last Edit: 02 September 2019, 04:20:07 AM by FierceKitty
I think the word which most alarms me in a post title or topic sentences is nostalgic; anticipate six paragraphs on the lines of -

- blah blah blah good old days blah blah Airfix blah blah blah second edition blah blah blah didn't count buttons/rivets blah blah good fun blah blah Featherstone Grant Young blah blah Humbrol blah blah burst circles blah blah Xeroxed copy blah blah focus on enjoyment blah blah blah

- only worse.

Responders are invited to identify the word that makes their flesh creep in a post title.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: FierceKitty on 02 September 2019, 03:41:21 AM
I think the word which most alarms me in a post title or topic sentences is nostalgic; anticipate six paragraphs on the lines of -

- blah blah blah good old days blah blah Airfix blah blah blah second edition blah blah blah didn't count buttons/rivets blah blah good fun blah blah Featherstone Grant Young blah blah Humbrol blah blah burst circles blah blah Xeroxed copy blah blah focus on enjoyment blah blah blah

- only worse.

Responders are invited to identify the word that makes their flesh creepin a post title.

"Aztecs"

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 02 September 2019, 04:08:54 AM
"Aztecs"
Definitely.

I would add "version" as in (and I'm picking on Shermans here)  we have the M4A1A1 Sherman, but not the M4A1A1 with the easy access ladder which was fitted to the 765th battalion on a Thursday in August. or why don't we have the version of Polish uniforms that was introduced in 1923. I know it was witdrawn in 1924, without ever being issues, but ...
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I've shot my bolt already, or I'd add 18xx, such that the latter two integers not exceed - 15.

Ithoriel

Was about to add "anything with a year-only date."

The turn of the 19th century is hardly the only period this happens with .... says one of those who campaigned for the T34 model 1943 :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

steve_holmes_11

Westmarcher

When you read a post, discover it is an AAR and realise it is only one turn in a game and that other turns/posts will follow.  :P

This post is sponsored by the "One game, One Post" Society.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

flamingpig0

Any mention of Immanuel Velikovsky or WRG 7th edition
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

FierceKitty

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 02 September 2019, 11:54:32 AM
Any mention of Immanuel Velikovsky or WRG 7th edition

Off-hand, I don't think I've ever seen either in a post title.

petercooman

"new release"

It costs money i don't have  ;D ;D ;D

Actually, i only bought a d&d adventure system game this year. Saving my money for a crisis spending spree   :D :D :D