FOB3 and Lancashire Games

Started by Leman, 31 August 2019, 02:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

I have just discovered from Lead Adventure that Piquet Field of Battle 3 is due for release this autumn. FOB2 has been a favourite set of mine, particularly for the C19th, so I thought I'd see if there was any further info on the Lancashire Games website. I was very surprised to find that no Piquet games are currently on the site when this has been the place to buy Piquet games in the UK for many years now. Any body know what is going on?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

I also spotted that a 3rd edition was imminent. Found out on the FOB Facebook page but, unfortunately, Brent gave no further details. Regarding Lancashire Games, my initial look reflected your experience but when I clicked on "Rules" and not the "Piquet" icon, I found them (see link).

http://lancashiregames.com/LG3/piquet-wargame-rules.html

Not sure I'll buy the 3rd Edition, however - whilst I like FOB (I've got both 1st & 2nd editions), I'm just not playing it enough these days to justify forking out £30 for a 3rd edition which (obviously I'm guessing) may only have a few tweaks here and there.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

ronan

Hello
A few months ago Brent wrote :
"FoB 3 will be updated to include tweaks that I've made over the years - nothing radical, but things that make the game smoother.   The card deck mix is refined, so now a single 52 card deck will suffice for the game, rather than 2.  The Maneuver card goes away, although the maneuver rule doesn't.   Most significantly, there will be separate playsheets for each period (ECW, WSS, SYW, AWI, Napoleonic, 1859, 1866, 1870, ACW) plus the generic one that can be used as you wish.   Season of Battle (the campaign system) will be included as well.  SoB has just recently undergone a fairly major change, and I think it dramatically improves the system. (...)"

I'll buy the rules ( I do like FoB)

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!