Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
28 October 2020, 11:27:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We are now stocking the excellent 1:285th Raiden aircraft ranges!
308985 Posts in 17968 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Ray Rivers
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  Napoleonic/Mid 19th C. Requests
| | | |-+  Napoleonic French Guard cavalry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Napoleonic French Guard cavalry  (Read 6505 times)
John Cook
Major

« Reply #15 on: 30 August 2019, 12:17:48 AM »

Leon, The ones described as Guard Horse Artillery as part of your 1809 range look alright to me.  Guard HA should have a hussar-style uniform and a fur colpack cap.  It is hard to see what the ones are in the first pic attached to your post are supposed to be - more Guard HA by the look of things.  The Guard Foot Artillery wore a normal infantry-style uniform with a bearskin cap.  That's what seems to be in the second pic.  Line foot artillery wore a infantry-style uniform with a shako, line horse artillery wore a chasseur a cheval-style uniform with shako and both are in your 1809 range.  Hope this helps sort it out.
Not Drowning, Waving
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #16 on: 30 August 2019, 01:01:19 AM »

So no Mamelukes = proxy time.  Surely in the 3,500 sculpts there will have to be something...
Zippee
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #17 on: 30 August 2019, 09:15:35 AM »

That's a pretty skeletal IG range in waiting.

I propose that once the requested Peninsular non-KS gets done, the next one is a IG non-KS, we can then pitch in with uniform specifics and make sure it's a sensible and reasonably comprehensive range.

Not Drowning, Waving
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #18 on: 30 August 2019, 09:39:59 AM »

Comprehensive enough to include the Eclaireurs (which auto-correct altered to Eclairs) I hope, which I am particularly after.

But yes something more substantial would be good. Don't you agree it is a good start? I hadn't expected that sculpts for either regiment existed, and the poses for the Grenadines a Cheval look good to me, although I can't make out all the detail.
FierceKitty
Field Marshal

The dog is a peasant. The cat is a gentleman.

« Reply #19 on: 30 August 2019, 09:43:06 AM »

En avant, enfants du premier patisserie!  (Apologies to anyone here who can actually write proper French)

I have not the pleasure of understanding you. Of what are you talking?
Not Drowning, Waving
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #20 on: 30 August 2019, 09:47:10 AM »

Superb!

Was that a white fringed patisserie or black?
mollinary
Major General

« Reply #21 on: 30 August 2019, 01:00:00 PM »

En avant, enfants du premier patisserie!  (Apologies to anyone here who can actually write proper French)

Allons enfants de la patisserie, le jour de gloire et arrive!   Perhaps?
Zippee
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #22 on: 30 August 2019, 01:32:01 PM »

Comprehensive enough to include the Eclaireurs (which auto-correct altered to Eclairs) I hope, which I am particularly after.

But yes something more substantial would be good. Don't you agree it is a good start? I hadn't expected that sculpts for either regiment existed, and the poses for the Grenadines a Cheval look good to me, although I can't make out all the detail.

Well no actually, I thought it was barely a start  Shocked

chocolate buns aside I was rather hoping for Fusilier Grenadiers, Fusilier Chasseurs, Tirailleurs and Voltigeurs but turns out there's not even any Chasseurs  Cheesy

not to worry plenty of Confederation troops to paint before it'll matter!

Leon
Viscount

« Reply #23 on: 30 August 2019, 02:05:20 PM »

chocolate buns aside I was rather hoping for Fusilier Grenadiers, Fusilier Chasseurs, Tirailleurs and Voltigeurs but turns out there's not even any Chasseurs  Cheesy

We've got a load of those as well, but I've not taken any photos of them.  The sculptor at the time sent us a matrix diagram with all of the different troop types for Young/Middle/Old Guard.  Some of them required new sculpts (which he's done) and some were able to be proxied using existing figures from the ranges. 

As we needed to cast off original master moulds to get those previous sculpts, and then check everything over to make sure it was correct, it became a bit more of a laborious task so we put it on one side for a bit...  That 'for a bit' has gone on for quite a while now...!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #24 on: 30 August 2019, 02:54:01 PM »

Get the feeling you're sitting on a small glod mine Leon? Grin

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
FierceKitty
Field Marshal

« Reply #25 on: 30 August 2019, 03:21:16 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Not Drowning, Waving
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #26 on: 30 August 2019, 10:11:16 PM »

Zippee I dared only to think of Guard Cavalry, but could not agree more. 

Get the feeling you're sitting on a small glod mine Leon? Grin

Well this is a revelation.  But how to get the contents of the mine into day light?

I have convinced myself that Mamelukes are down in the mine and am now digging to get them out...
FierceKitty
Field Marshal

« Reply #27 on: 31 August 2019, 01:46:34 AM »

You know, your version scans better than the original. Send it to the Academie Francaise; they may give you the Legion d'Honneur (or the Guillotine, mind you).

John Cook
Major

« Reply #28 on: 01 September 2019, 11:24:17 AM »

We've got a load of those as well, but I've not taken any photos of them.  The sculptor at the time sent us a matrix diagram with all of the different troop types for Young/Middle/Old Guard.  Some of them required new sculpts (which he's done) and some were able to be proxied using existing figures from the ranges. 

As we needed to cast off original master moulds to get those previous sculpts, and then check everything over to make sure it was correct, it became a bit more of a laborious task so we put it on one side for a bit...  That 'for a bit' has gone on for quite a while now...!

How are the Middle and Young Guard infantry in 1809 different in uniform style from NPF8?  That's what I'd use for all of them. 
steve_holmes_11
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #29 on: 01 September 2019, 12:41:01 PM »

I had a look for Mameluke proxies.

Renaissance Dellis with lance and sword would require a bit of imaginative conversion, but may fit the bill.

1877 Russo Turkish figs don't have pictures, so I can't speculate.
Can any owners post us a snap?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: