Napoleonic French Guard cavalry

Started by Not Drowning, Waving, 28 August 2019, 10:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Drowning, Waving

Surely these will always sell. Conversions from current sculpts are possible with varying degrees of success, but the poses then remain the same as their line brothers. My guess is that a good number of people would want that point of difference for these iconic units. Certainly there is one vote for them here!

In my view the units should comprise:
Grenadiers a Cheval ("the Gods")
Chasseurs a Cheval ("the Immortals"), and a company of Mamelukes ("the Colourful?")
Empress Dragoons
Polish and Dutch Lancers
and the Eclair units of 1813/14

If I could dream for a moment, the Chasseurs would be without Pelisse (often absent 1805-9, withdrawn 1809), and would include a carbine holding pose for the Emperor's guard.

There, all done and over to you Leon. What's that? They are in the pipeline already? Great (not fake) news!

Hopefully there is interest - I'm not quite sure how this request thing works, but no doubt will find out.

Cheers LPWC

John Cook

I empathise.  Incomplete ranges are too frustrating for words.

Leon

These are the two cavalry types which have already been sculpted, but never production moulded:

Guard Chasseurs a Cheval:

Guard Grenadiers a Cheval:

I'll do my best to get them sorted out asap as we've had them for quite a while now.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Not Drowning, Waving

Wow that is just fantastic!

My stupid joke about Leon agreeing to sculpt Guard cavalry appears to have an unexpected basis... now very tempting to make the same stupid joke for other units.

Many thanks Leon

Cheers LPWC

John Cook

Not Drowning, Waving

Yes. 

Now I just need to find the magic words to make the Pelisses disappear from the Chasseurs a Cheval...

Poses are great - especially of the Grenadiers a Cheval.  They look perfect.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Not Drowning, Waving

Tricked again!

Nice one indeed Leon...

FierceKitty

Those chasseurs might be morphed a bit to give more animation to SYW Hungarian hussars too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Not Drowning, Waving

They really need to see the light of day (Chasseurs without Pelisse though)...

All this leads to one question Leon: what else is there tucked away in that vast vault of unreleased sculpts you appear to have???

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Leon

Quote from: LetsPartyWithCossacks on 29 August 2019, 03:57:55 PM
All this leads to one question Leon: what else is there tucked away in that vast vault of unreleased sculpts you appear to have???

Some Gargoyles...   :-

As well as some Guard infantry and artillery crews.

Although I don't know how these Guard Horse crews differ to the ones we've already got on the website, there's been some debate as to what's what over the years.  Originally the website ones were Horse crew, but then we got conflicting info that they were Guard Horse, which makes these sculpts below a bit redundant...

Guard Horse artillery crews:

Old Guard foot artillery crews:

Old Guard Grenadiers:
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 29 August 2019, 06:44:21 PM
Some Gargoyles...  

I can't even remember what those look like. X_X

Cheers - Phil

Not Drowning, Waving

Leon, one person's redundancy is another's variety, so if it were up to me I would put them out. The sculpts look great, especially of the horse artillery, and conversion potential for early periods is there.

But Leon you have toyed with us long enough. Where are the Mamelukes?

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 29 August 2019, 06:30:08 PM
Well that's two sales.

Don't rush me Ben!

Leon

Quote from: LetsPartyWithCossacks on 29 August 2019, 08:57:16 PM
Where are the Mamelukes?

Not something we've got planned at this stage I'm afraid, that'd be one for the request lists.