Start of Huguenot side project

Started by Leman, 24 August 2019, 01:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

One of my regular opponents is well smitten with FOGR, and asked if I would be interested in starting a small Catholic or Huguenot army for the French Wars of Religion. I said that as I was building a Spanish TYW army I'd give the Huguenots a whirl. As it happens I have a couple of Warmaster reiter units available, so have painted up the first one to take its place in the FOGR starter army. Other units will be culled from Pendraken (particularly Dave's Elizabethans) and a couple of cuirassiers units my mate passed to me as a freebie, which are Old Glory. So here are the first reiters:

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are really impressive, I've just zoomed right in and your painting looks awesome.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Love those! Figures and basing both.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Terry37

Indeed, very nice. I am a big fan of armored guys riding around shooting pistols and infantry with long pointy things!!!! Look forward to seeing how it progresses!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Westmarcher

Likewise. I possibly have to adjust the resolution on my computer to get the best view of these but from what I do see, these are very good! :-bd

(e.g., the pistol detail on the extreme left  :) )
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

d_Guy

Very good looking and beautifully based.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Ben Waterhouse

Lovely, from a Huguenot descendant..
Arma Pacis Fulcra

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Those are a bit nice !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil