15mm Edwardian/Victorian type lady figure

Started by Big Insect, 20 August 2019, 11:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

20 August 2019, 11:21:03 PM Last Edit: 20 August 2019, 11:25:05 PM by Big Insect
I'm looking for an appropriate - or possibly inappropriate 15mm figure of a Victorian lady/middle class women or ideally an erotic dancer in what might look to be a state of Indonesian/Oriental undress.

Yes folks - I am looking for a 15mm figure suitable to represent Mata Hari for a HoTT army I am building.

The Army is to fight a club members very successful WW1 Angel of Mons army.

My force is made up as follows:

Haig's Enemy - Western Front German WW1

1 x Artillery General @ 3pts
1 x Dragon (The Red Baron) @ 4pts
1 x Sneaker (Mata Hari) @ 3pts
2 x Shooters (HMGs) @ 2pts
2 x Knights (Uhlan lancers) @ 2pts
6 x Infantry (Hordes) @ 1pt
Total = 24pts
Camp - a section of defended trench & barbed wire
Optional/alternatives:
1 x Flyer (Flying Circus) @ 2pts
1 x Warband (Storm Troopers) @ 2pts
1 x Behemoth (A7V-tank) @ 4pts
Replace Red Baron as Dragon, with Red Baron as Aerial Hero @ 6pts

So having that Mata Hari figure is quite important to give the force a more gender balanced quality

All thoughts welcomed
NB: There is a good Wiki on Mata Hari - shame I am usless at posting photos as there is an ideal one on the wiki where she is wearing a jeweled metal bra & headdress and nothing else !!!
But I'd probably get moderated by Lemmy for posting that anyway

Thanks

Mark

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

GrumpyOldMan

Hello BI

In 28mm and larger you could find as many belly dancers as you could shake a stick at (if that's your idea of fun  :D ), but alas and alack there doesn't seem to be one in 15mm.

For more sedate types there are a few from Boxer ranges that might fit:-

Irregular FZ118:-

Lancashire Games BRP02

Only other option I can think of would be a charm for a bracelet:-

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

OldenBUA

Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Techno

I think Ground Zero Games used to make quite a few (Ahem) 'Adult Collectables'.

I'm sure I saw some on their site when I made a 6mm sci-fi test figure for them......But that was YEARS ago

Whether they still do is another matter.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Peter Pig do a range of 'dressible' young ladies.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Alternative Armies do 15mm male and female dollies at £6.50 a pack

Possibly slightly less work would be Ral Partha (Europe) War Vixens/ Dark Elf Ice Witches who may be suitably underdressed.

With her sword removed or replaced with a service revolver, the lady in red, third from the right, might be suitably "vampish"?

Just a thought.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 21 August 2019, 07:20:34 AM
I think Ground Zero Games used to make quite a few (Ahem) 'Adult Collectables'.

I'm sure I saw some on their site when I made a 6mm sci-fi test figure for them......But that was YEARS ago

Whether they still do is another matter.

Cheers - Phil

I have the complete collection,    :-[ .  Bought and painted by a friend who gave myself and Sunjester his collection. They are definitely "Adult Themed" - to a point that at least one of them made me raise my eyebrows,  and definitely 28mm 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: Orcs on 21 August 2019, 11:01:43 AM
  and definitely 28mm 

Ahhhh.....Thanks, Mark.....GZG do a lot of 15mm stuff (don't they).....which made me think the 'naughty ladies' were the same size.

Have Hasslefree ever made any 15mm stuff ?.....Just a thought.

Cheers - Phil

Leman

PP dressables are quite dainty  - my 15mm Italian Wars camp:

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Big Insect

Many thanks folks - lots to contemplate - and research
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Terry37

I like the Rebel figures and would use the lady in the back, 3rd from the left - just remove the staff from her left hand. I truly love Rebel figs and use a lot of them, my being a 15 MM gamer.

My Weird WWI German HOTT army is a bit different, but I based it on the book The Blood of Heroes. It is a very fun army to game with.

1 x Hero General – Baron von Richthofen @ 4AP         4 pts
2 x Spears – Landser Infantry @ 2 AP            4 pts
2 x Warband – Aggressive Zombies @ 2 AP            4 pts
3 x Hordes – Zombies (Shamblers) @ 1 AP            3 pts
1 x Artillery – Mortar @ 3 AP               3 pts
1 x Behemoth – A7V/Whippet @ 4 AP            4 pts
1 x Flyer – Jasta 11 Albatross D.III @ 2 AP            2 pts
Total                                  24 pts

Alternate: Beast – Shambler Hounds

Stronghold – Trench Section

I rally like your idea of the Flying Circus as a Dragon. Since I use 1:300 scale aircraft (so they don't dominate the board) I could put several on a Dragon base - so thnak you for eh idea, I plan to copy it!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

22 August 2019, 04:27:52 AM #13 Last Edit: 22 August 2019, 04:29:53 AM by Terry37
PS - Have to laugh as those ladies, the suffragettes holding eh signs telling the Martians to go home are mine. They are part of my War of he Worlds Home Defense Force. And also maybe a bit of fun included. Did this one many years ago.

Here's the full army, with the Ladies between the two aeroplanes. Also in the army is Kitchener as a Hero, The Red Headed League and the Hound of the Baskervilles from Sherlock Holmes and a favorite unit of mine - the Post Office Rifles. Also, the Scots Greys, and some Scottish Light Horse, some sailors and marines and in the very back HMS Thunderchild

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Orcs

I have just read about the "Post Office Rifles" yesterday in a Military History magazine I was given. very interesting, they suffered 50% casualties at Passchendaele
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson