Meanwhile in Denver...

Started by d_Guy, 20 August 2019, 06:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

The annual mattress migration is underway:
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Raider4

Ha!

(Mind you, it's from RT - I'm surprised there isn't a commentary about how this can only happen in the decadent West . . . )

Leman

Did I miss something? I thought Russia had decided Communism was in fact a bad thing and replaced it with capitalist mafiosi.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

It was originally reported by CBS - Denver. Of the several video edits on YouTube, the RT version lets you simply enjoy the sights and sounds of the event without annoying commentary. Cryptozoologists seem to think that this annual trek is some sort of pre-mating ritual.

As to Russia, one of its greatest capitalist contributions to life on the internet is the dash-cam video.

Westmarcher

The footage even made it on to the BBC website. They said the mattresses were from an outdoor cinema. They said it was gone with the wind ........
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

d_Guy

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

lowlylowlycook

How many minutes until someone makes a HoT army based on this?

FierceKitty

Please remember to call them dog-kennels.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Were they making for the swimming pool ?

Presumably some form of semi aquatic mattress. :-\

Cheers - Phil

Raider4

Quote from: Leman on 20 August 2019, 08:18:51 PM
Did I miss something? I thought Russia had decided Communism was in fact a bad thing and replaced it with capitalist mafiosi.

Have you ever watched RT for more than 5 minutes? It may not be the old communist vs capitalist debate, but it's certainly still Russia vs the evil axis of America, Israel and Europe. It really is like the Cold War has not ended.

Not Drowning, Waving

Are they flollopping? Think the later episodes of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Had Katy Kay on beyond 100 days in stitches....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: LetsPartyWithCossacks on 21 August 2019, 08:18:43 AM
Are they flollopping? Think the later episodes of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

With Marvin being his usual morose, sarcastic self.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Not Drowning, Waving

Indeed Techno. Marvin has to be the Alpha Robotic anti hero.  Douglas Adams genius did not end there for me. Inventing words like flollopping for what mattresses might do was a level of perfection we might never see again!

Techno

I totally agree.  :)

Cheers - Phil.