Song of Blade & Heroes 10mm project

Started by Jamsus, 19 August 2019, 04:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamsus

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 19 January 2020, 07:00:05 PM
Amazing - can you share any of your industrial production tricks?

(He asked - hoping it doesn't involve a Bangladeshi sweatshop).

;D

Basically, except the muscle memory of doing something which i cant share but it still plays an important role... the point is (and is a bit sad): i'm a bit tired of painting. I work 10-12hrs day as a computer engineer, so i'm not always in the mood to came back home and stay sit for another 4-5 hours.

I dont always like painting, but i love painted miniatures too much (in fact, in 20 years of wargaming i never played with unpainted minis).

So when i come to paint something i use a simple techinque. It differs a bit with black primer or white primer but is really simple and industrial.

- Black primer on miniature
- I do the skin for all models, then all hair then all pants etc etc

Same color done on every model, in parallel. In this way, i have to prepare the color just once for "kind".

Last parts i do are metal parts.

After this, i do all highlights (maybe a bit of shading with stuff like Agrax Earthshade) together, with the same principle.

Then all bases with the same principle.

With white primer, you can work a bit differently using Agrax Earthshade as a shadow problem solver. Same principle, you paint all pink, all brown, all yellow... with a lighter tone, and then, SHADE!

And that's it, really not something complicate, but you a bit of flavor in painting

steve_holmes_11

Thanks for sharing,

I was interested since I operate what I'd describe as a "mass production method.
I'm typically finishing batches of 36 foot (3 units) or 12 mounted (2 units).

However priming and the basic colours (Horses, uniform primary colours) are done en-masse (Whole army in one sitting if possible).
They're then split into units, or groups of units for the finer work unitil they're covered with paint.

The finishing  batches are selected, inspected and any missed detaiil / or splodging is tidied up.

Finally varnish and base.

I think you're also a far quicker painter than I am.
Congratulations on a fine looking horde.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Noktu

Excellent.

I wonder how you are doing the ground sand on the bases? I would be delighted if you could walk me through it!

Jamsus

Quote from: Noktu on 22 January 2020, 07:57:47 PM
Excellent.

I wonder how you are doing the ground sand on the bases? I would be delighted if you could walk me through it!

Super easy.

Classic glue + sand & rocks or a premade material (like AK Mud Effect)

Dark Brown base
Leather Brown rich drybrush
Bleached bone normal drybrush

Done!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Absolutely love 'em !!  :-bd =D> :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

Jamsus

Tonight i'll start working on the modular dungeon. I still not have the material to build the "walls" but i can start drawing on the bases the wall shapes!

I'm gonna have 60 x 20cm bases with those 2x2cm squares (10 for base) and i'm gonna draw something like this on those:

I'll share some pictures soon!

Jamsus

Some more planning (each little square is a 2x2cm grid hex)

Jamsus

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

sunjester