Need Some Help Please

Started by Terry37, 16 August 2019, 03:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Swifts leave at the start of the football season, and returns after the FA cup
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Big Insect

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 20 August 2019, 10:17:39 AM
It hadn't occurred to me to place figure requests here.

Can the good readers recommend a model for an airborne flock of birds. 10 or 15mm.

Type not important, anything between crows and vultures would do.
There are unconfirmed suggestions that the originals may have been swallows, but they're a bit small.

Looking to model this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ababil_(mythology)

Splintered Light do a very nice flock of Crows. They are a US manufacturer but there is a nice chap in France who is their European agent.
Get your order in before 31st Oct as we wont be European after then (ooops! wash my mouth out & hide in a cupboard)  :d
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Raider4

Quote from: Techno on 21 August 2019, 12:30:12 PM
I have to admit, I thought they were the same.

What's the difference, chaps ?

No idea. It's a Monty Python/Holy Grail reference.

Terry37

Yes, I agree - Splintered Light is he best source. They are 15 MM, and each bird is cast separate, and sort of flat so you have to bend the wings to make them look right. I usually sort of roll the wings over a round dowel.

http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/ravenflock.html

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Big Insect on 21 August 2019, 07:09:02 PM
Splintered Light do a very nice flock of Crows. They are a US manufacturer but there is a nice chap in France who is their European agent.
Get your order in before 31st Oct as we wont be European after then (ooops! wash my mouth out & hide in a cupboard)  :d

Many thanks, I already own that piece - it does good duty with my post-Roman games.

Big Insect

Mine are going into my Saruman Isenguard HoTT army to fight my Riders of Rohan.

I also use the Splintered Light Bat hordes as Recce units for my Orcs.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.