Need Some Help Please

Started by Terry37, 16 August 2019, 03:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Not sure where to best post this, so picked this thread.  I am in great need of an owl figure in 15, 20 or 28 MM scale. Does anyone know if there is one available?

Thanks,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Ithoriel

Reaper Miniatures Dark Heaven familiars was my first thought, I'll continue to rack my brains for alternatives

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ithoriel

Stonehaven miniatures do this one

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ithoriel

Last one I can think of is the Wizkids one

Noktu

Sorry to invade this thread, but where should I look for 15mm scale monsters that work well with 10mm? I'm looking forward to convert a knight riding on a griffon.

I do know that Alternative Armies has some damn good looking 15mm monsters in their HOT range.

Also where can you find those wizkids miniatures? Wayland Games is saying Out of Production.

Ithoriel

Polar Fox do a 10mm scale Hippogriff-riding king for 16 euros plus postage

who comes with half a dozen pegasus knights ... or a dozen if you order the female sorceress too.

Any of that any good?

Noktu

I think I've seen those before! They do look excellent, especially the pegasus knights.

However I feel that the griffon should have smaller wings and a bulkier body. (Dont know why that is, maybe I'm corrupted by some other fantasy depiction of those creatures)

Also, has anyone got any experience dealing with Polar Fox? It's from Russia, our arch enemy.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Noktu on 16 August 2019, 07:18:20 PM
Sorry to invade this thread, but where should I look for 15mm scale monsters that work well with 10mm? I'm looking forward to convert a knight riding on a griffon.

I do know that Alternative Armies has some damn good looking 15mm monsters in their HOT range.

Also where can you find those wizkids miniatures? Wayland Games is saying Out of Production.

For Hippogriffs:-

http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/hippogriffs.html

https://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=8000&osCsid=jldepuk364gd63qj17lqjhbma1

For griffons:-

Alternative armies https://www.alternative-armies.com/search?q=griffon

Ral Partha is always good to look at:-

http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/

https://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=265

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

industrialtrousers

The GW wood elf plastic set came with an owl in it. I may still have 1-2 of these.

Polar Fox, I bought a bunch of stuff from then a while back, absolutely no problems.

Terry37

Thank you all for the great leads. I have ordered the Reaper pack and plan to have the owl sitting on my Aztec Demon of the Underworld's shoulder if it'll fit. To the Aztecs, the owl was considered to be the "Bringer of Death".

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

...And why are owls considered wise ?

When there was a tawny owl....flapping around 'upstairs' in the pole barn....I phoned (something like) 'the owl trust' to check what I could do to.

"I've got light net, that I could catch it in,".....Said I.

"No....don't try it, " said Matey......"If you DO catch it....It'll rip your hands to shreds, when you try and get it out of the net........They're really stupid, you know."

"Oh."

Another 'fact' down the pan, then.

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Athene tried four times to get into MENSA....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: FierceKitty on 19 August 2019, 02:33:57 PM
Athene tried four times to get into MENSA....

It's not worth it, all you get is a little pin badge and an 'intellectual' magazine sent to you every quarter...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Techno: Owls were much in evidence on the Acropolis in Athens - Athene's City. Thus owls became associated with Athene, who happened to be the Goddess of Wisdom.

I remember talking to a bird wrangler. He said owls are really, really, really stupid.

Though they do have audio height finding because one ear is higher than the other - but don't point that out, they're a bit sensitive about it. They can never get glasses to sit properly.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!